Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
PlayStation Store

May 18 to June 7 - Free PS4 Themes/Avatars by participating in Days of Play Player Celebration / Annual Sale

[OP]
Nov 22, 2004
698 posts
2513 upvotes

[PlayStation Store] May 18 to June 7 - Free PS4 Themes/Avatars by participating in Days of Play Player Celebration / Annual Sale

Starts on May 18th. Sign up for Playstation's Days of Play and play games to earn free themes and avatars. There will also be a Days of Play Celebration sale, which will be posted once it's available.

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/05/11 ... play-2021/

---------------

1. Sign Up
Register with your PSN Sign-In ID here. Once you sign up, you’re automatically entered into all future Stages of the program.

The event is open to PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 users in the following locations: Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, Indonesia, Ireland, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Slovakia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, UK, and the United States.

2. Start playing on May 18
There are three Stages throughout the event, with the first Stage kicking off on May 18. Each Stage will have the following Community Goals:

Games Goal

● Play PS4/PS5 games — the Community must play a target number of games each week. Every PS4/PS5 game that each entrant plays for at least an hour (across as many sessions as you’d like during the week) will count towards the Games Goal. You’ll earn double points towards the goal if you play games with users on your Friends List (who have also signed up to participate).

Trophies Goal

● Earn Trophies — the Community must earn a target number of Trophies each week. Each entrant can have a maximum of six PS4/PS5 Trophies count towards the Trophies Goal.

Bonus Goal

● If the first set of goals are reached before the end of each Stage, there will be a new set of Bonus Goals the Community can work towards.

3. Earn exclusive PSN Avatars and PS4 Themes
Everyone who signs up before a Stage begins can earn exclusive PSN avatars as well as PS4 dynamic themes (with custom music and icons) when the Community achieves the Games and Trophies Goals for that Stage.

If the Community also achieves the Stage’s Bonus goals, players who signed up prior to the start of that Stage will receive additional PSN avatars.

Finally, if the Community Goals for all Stages are met (excluding the Bonus goals), players who signed up and participated in all three Stages will receive a cumulative prize featuring an exclusive PSN avatar and PS4 theme set!

The rewards will be delivered directly to your PS4 or PS5 via Notifications approximately 1-2 days after each Stage ends. Please note that the PS4 themes will only be downloadable on PS4, and not PS5.

--------------------------------------------
Update (5/26/21):
PSN Days of Play sale

Amazon's Days of Play sale is on:
Playstation Hits
- $9.95
Playstation 5 Games
- Various prices
Ghost of Tsushima - $49.95
Last of Us Part II
- $39.95
Update (5/18/21): According to the latest PS blog, here are the games to be on sale at participating retailers:

PlayStation 4 games
Death Stranding
Ghost of Tsushima
Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales
Predator: Hunting Grounds
Sackboy: A Big Adventure
The Last of Us Part II
Selection of PlayStation Hits games

PlayStation 5 games
Demon’s Souls
Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales
Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales: Ultimate Edition
Sackboy: A Big Adventure
The Nioh Collection

What’s more, additional deals on PlayStation Store as well as PlayStation Plus and PlayStation Now subscriptions will also be available during Days of Play.
Last edited by mwatcher on May 26th, 2021 8:50 am, edited 9 times in total.
27 replies
Oct 19, 2020
21 posts
10 upvotes
This is great, appreciate it. Thank you!
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2013
4189 posts
4681 upvotes
Ottawa
Shame this starts after the 14th. Mass Effect trilogy launches on Friday, and it has a total of 120 trophies. I would have contributed naturally instead of buying cheap trophy fodder titles. Ah well, I'll still find a way to help out.

We need some new Bloodborne avatars.
Final Fantasy XVI waiting room.
Mar 13, 2010
537 posts
314 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
Thanks for the heads up.

Hopefully they bring themes to the PS5 soon.
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
10553 posts
4781 upvotes
Last year the top reward was a real Platinum Trophy with the PSN ID of the winner engraved on it.

Mar 30, 2008
416 posts
543 upvotes
Toronto
Geez that a lot of work for free themes and avatars that I'll never use.

At least there's a sale to look forward to. Thanks OP.
Dec 29, 2010
452 posts
656 upvotes
Laval
d_bomb_23 wrote: Thanks for the heads up.

This! My PS5 menu needs a refreshing new look
Dec 18, 2009
56 posts
97 upvotes
Winnipeg
d_bomb_23 wrote: Thanks for the heads up.

what? you cant use themes on PS5?
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2011
1994 posts
1424 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP.

So I was signed in to my account but it still said to "Sign Up" by creating an account.

If anyone encounters that, signing out and signing in again fixed it for me.
[OP]
Nov 22, 2004
698 posts
2513 upvotes
Alexandero2 wrote: Thanks OP.

So I was signed in to my account but it still said to "Sign Up" by creating an account.

If anyone encounters that, signing out and signing in again fixed it for me.
You should have received a confirmation email if you signed up, as I did awhile ago.
Sep 24, 2012
100 posts
63 upvotes
Ottawa
Don't think I can sign up. I never got an email confirmation, and the page still asks me to sign up. The new web store is just too crappy.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2010
7148 posts
6279 upvotes
M6C - Toronto
Most people won't even bother to sign up...I wish everyone was "pre-enrolled". Those targets are massive.
With Fido Mobile!
Nov 12, 2004
86 posts
23 upvotes
Calgary
Me neither. Went through the sign up page a few times yesterday. Never got the email confirmation. Web store crashed and crashed again. Not cool.
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2008
1735 posts
536 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
can't sign up? keeps asking me to sign in....sigh...oh Sony...
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14724 posts
4852 upvotes
Montreal
unimus wrote: Geez that a lot of work for free themes and avatars that I'll never use.
Exactly, more junk clogging up my transaction list.

If there was a AAA game at the end, it might make it worthwhile, but this is like finding a dime on the road - not worth bending down to pick it up.
My last and final digital game I purchased at PSN from those Sony Devils was on November 22, 2020 - Ban that Sorny!
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
10553 posts
4781 upvotes
Those goals and bonus rewards were reached way ahead of schedule last year. Even if the casuals do not sign up it will be easily attained.

Not even two days in and it is at 43% for the Stage 1 goals with 5 days to go. Stats have not been updated for today.
https://www.playstation.com/en-ca/days- ... lebration/

There are lot of countries and Quebec residents that are banned from participating in this because they have laws that prohibit giving away things for free.

Said212 wrote:
Most people won't even bother to sign up...I wish everyone was "pre-enrolled". Those targets are massive.
Last edited by XFactor11 on May 20th, 2021 5:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sep 2, 2015
172 posts
79 upvotes
Qu
For the signup problems, try a different browser than chrome on mobile.