Expired Hot Deals

[PlayStation Store] Persona 5 Royal Deluxe Ed (60% off US & CA)

  • Last Updated:
  • Jun 10th, 2021 10:53 am
[OP]
Newbie
User avatar
Sep 15, 2019
12 posts
69 upvotes
Toronto

[PlayStation Store] Persona 5 Royal Deluxe Ed (60% off US & CA)

Persona5 Royal Deluxe Edition includes the game and the “Persona5 Royal Kasumi Costume Bundle”.

This is cheaper than buying the original game without any DLC's.


CA link:
https://store.playstation.com/en-ca/pro ... A5RDELUXE0

US link:

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/pro ... A5RDELUXE0

P5 Royal CA main page:
https://store.playstation.com/en-ca/pro ... A5R0000000
(scroll all the way down to see Deluxue Ed.)
32 replies
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
8528 posts
5410 upvotes
Toronto
Common man this is a nearly 2 year old upgrade to a 5 year old game, surely they can do better than this. PSN discounts on "recent" games are terrible these days and I haven't bought anything on there since Spiderman was $25 not even 8 months after it launched yet this game is still $40 almost 2 years later.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
9380 posts
3899 upvotes
There's still no tax on PSN until July 1st when the new Canadian tax law on digital goods kicks in effect.
For PS5 owners, Persona 5 original is free along with 19 other games as part of PS+ collection.

Persona 5 Royale is a significant upgrade. Like The Witcher 3 Complete Edition over the original The Witcher 3.

ReeGee wrote: Common man this is a nearly 2 year old upgrade to a 5 year old game, surely they can do better than this. PSN discounts on "recent" games are terrible these days and I haven't bought anything on there since Spiderman was $25 not even 8 months after it launched yet this game is still $40 almost 2 years later.
Spider-Man game of the year Edition for PS4 is $24.99 digitally right now.

The PS5 remaster is much better but not available as a separate purchase.

.
Last edited by XFactor11 on Jun 3rd, 2021 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 12, 2007
2291 posts
1081 upvotes
Toronto
ReeGee wrote: PSN discounts on "recent" games are terrible these days and I haven't bought anything on there since Spiderman was $25 not even 8 months after it launched yet this game is still $40 almost 2 years later.
Console digital 'sales' are generally very lacklustre. No competition means no real need to lower prices. You want cheap digital games, you go PC and never look back.

As for Persona, ffs Atlus, where's my P5 PC port? You brought over Strikers. That's like giving me Empire Strikes Back but withholding A New Hope. Don't be a tease.
Steam: Sir Boors
PSN: Sir_Boors

It's a great time to be a nerd.
Newbie
Nov 2, 2012
29 posts
47 upvotes
TORONTO
Persona 5 Royal is worth every penny. Games are so boring and cookie cutter right now, P5R was a breath of fresh air.
Member
Apr 8, 2020
410 posts
416 upvotes
ReeGee wrote: Common man this is a nearly 2 year old upgrade to a 5 year old game, surely they can do better than this. PSN discounts on "recent" games are terrible these days and I haven't bought anything on there since Spiderman was $25 not even 8 months after it launched yet this game is still $40 almost 2 years later.
On an hour to price scale, you lost with Spiderman vs P5R.

$40 for this game is extremely reasonable, and if waiting another year for it to hit $30 is your thing, you do you.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
8528 posts
5410 upvotes
Toronto
BYan wrote: Console digital 'sales' are generally very lacklustre. No competition means no real need to lower prices. You want cheap digital games, you go PC and never look back.

As for Persona, ffs Atlus, where's my P5 PC port? You brought over Strikers. That's like giving me Empire Strikes Back but withholding A New Hope. Don't be a tease.
Trust me I get that but PSN sales were not always this bad. There used to be genuinely good deals with older exclusives often being $10-20 with $30 being the most I've ever paid for any PS4 game which was GOW 6 months after launch. Around late 2019 they just stopped caring and it's been ice cold deals ever since.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2009
1330 posts
911 upvotes
Quebec City
Guess an annonce for PC / Switch might be imminent. E3 is next week I think.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
8528 posts
5410 upvotes
Toronto
Jokerpersona wrote: On an hour to price scale, you lost with Spiderman vs P5R.

$40 for this game is extremely reasonable, and if waiting another year for it to hit $30 is your thing, you do you.
The RFD Sony marketing department who work for free here hyping every ice cold discount on old games means nothing to anyone with countless other games and platforms to play on
Sr. Member
Jul 23, 2010
584 posts
167 upvotes
Toronto
I was going to wait to buy this and Dragon Quest XI S but with the comment about tax coming soon, maybe I should.

RPGs are a big time commitment though. I still have to finish the free FF7 remake which I only play on weekends. I want to play but don't feel like committing hundreds more hours at home because outdoor is too nice.
Member
Apr 8, 2020
410 posts
416 upvotes
ReeGee wrote: The RFD Sony marketing department who work for free here hyping every ice cold discount on old games means nothing to anyone with countless other games and platforms to play on
Go buy the regular one for $10 then, it's on PS4s greatest hits. Or keep waiting for this edition to go lower.

Not sure what you want here. Sony's marketing department doesn't care about people who can't afford their games.

Here: https://store.playstation.com/en-ca/pro ... A512345678, in your price range. $13.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
8528 posts
5410 upvotes
Toronto
Jokerpersona wrote: Not sure what you want here
lower prices and welcome to RFD. $40 for a 2 year old rerelease of a 5 year old game is an awful deal for anyone not stuck with only a Playstation
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 7, 2011
2377 posts
4380 upvotes
Windsor
Just get the original P5 from PS+ collection. For trophy hunters, you pay more to get a easier platinum from P5R though.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2011
2037 posts
679 upvotes
Toronto
ReeGee wrote: Trust me I get that but PSN sales were not always this bad. There used to be genuinely good deals with older exclusives often being $10-20 with $30 being the most I've ever paid for any PS4 game which was GOW 6 months after launch. Around late 2019 they just stopped caring and it's been ice cold deals ever since.
Sega / Atlus sets the sale prices for Persona 5 Royal, not Sony.

I think we've noticed throughout the pandemic that games are not going on sale as quickly as it used too. We'll see how things are in 2022. There will be lots of games next year competing for limited time and money.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 12, 2007
2291 posts
1081 upvotes
Toronto
Jokerpersona wrote: Sony's marketing department doesn't care about people who can't afford their games.
LOL sorry but what the shit propaganda is this? Putting aside that marketing departments has basically ONE job and that's to care about what people can/won't afford/pay for their games, this is some $600 want-players-to-feel-like-they-earned-their-entertainment nonsense right there. If you are an adult gamer, it's never about not being able to afford your games. $80 a pop is a pittance for entertainment. It's about getting the best deal where possible, which last I checked, is basically why RFD exists and why we're all here to begin with.
ReeGee wrote: Around late 2019 they just stopped caring and it's been ice cold deals ever since.
Eh, I sold my PS4 ages ago but even back then PSN deals paled in comparison to PC. All comes down to competition. Something like PC has 100000+ key dealers fighting for your business at any given time. PSN/Live/eshop just don't have any incentive to be competitive in that area. If you want a console game, it's better to wait for Amazon/BB/Walmart to come through and just grab the physical copy during one of their big sales.
Steam: Sir Boors
PSN: Sir_Boors

It's a great time to be a nerd.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 26, 2006
1258 posts
196 upvotes
Toronto
I might be naive as I've never owned a digital copy, but I'm gonna hold out for a sale on the physical copy as I like to be able to sell/lend my games. Upvoted anyway as this is a great price.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
8528 posts
5410 upvotes
Toronto
BYan wrote: Eh, I sold my PS4 ages ago but even back then PSN deals paled in comparison to PC. All comes down to competition. Something like PC has 100000+ key dealers fighting for your business at any given time. PSN/Live/eshop just don't have any incentive to be competitive in that area. If you want a console game, it's better to wait for Amazon/BB/Walmart to come through and just grab the physical copy during one of their big sales.
I do 90% of my gaming on PC so I totally get it but I'm not even expecting them to compete with PC, I'm just saying it doesn't have to be this bad but I guess it is since people who only play on Playstation act like these weak discounts are the most generous hot thing in gaming. You're probably right about getting a better deal on physical.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
2289 posts
1718 upvotes
For sure want this game as P5 was amazing. Still waiting for P5R to hit low to mid 20s since I bought the original steelbook for $40 years ago and don't need to spend that much to play relatively the same story beats.
RFD is love. RFD is life. I wish I had an RFDer for a wife.
Sr. Member
Jun 10, 2003
721 posts
139 upvotes
Halifax
xtcnrice wrote: I might be naive as I've never owned a digital copy, but I'm gonna hold out for a sale on the physical copy as I like to be able to sell/lend my games. Upvoted anyway as this is a great price.
I hope you can find one, I gave up and bought the digital version the last time it was on sale. There was no stock anywhere and I didnt think they were going to print more.
Newbie
Apr 5, 2017
27 posts
8 upvotes
If you didn't play the original Persona 5 and like EXTREMELY long JRPGs, this is absolutely worth it. Can't stress the length enough though. Legitimately a 100+ hour game.

Top