[PlayStation Store] PS4 Shadow of the Tomb Raider Definitive Edition $19.99

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 22nd, 2020 10:07 am
[OP]
Dec 3, 2018
154 posts
261 upvotes

[PlayStation Store] PS4 Shadow of the Tomb Raider Definitive Edition $19.99

Not a crazy deal more of a PSA/FYI that beginning today the Playstation Store has Shadow of the Tomb Raider Definitive Edition for 19.99 which is a new all time low for this version of the game. Yes, some Walmarts recently have marked down the standard version of this game to a measly $5 but you'll have to pony up an additional $27 if you want all the DLC (and I think most Walmarts have sold out of the $5 games now but I know there are some out there).
14 replies
Jul 14, 2014
922 posts
387 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Any concern that this might be a PS+ freebie anytime soon ?
Nov 30, 2019
224 posts
244 upvotes
Worth mentioning, YMMV completely, but this game can also be found for 5$ At some Wal Mart retail sites during their current “prep for next gen” clearance sale

If anyone is interested in this game and want to play it, see if its around your local wal mart via stock track first. If not, this is the next best deal I have seen. Thanks OP
Nov 30, 2019
224 posts
244 upvotes
Niklasky wrote: Any concern that this might be a PS+ freebie anytime soon ?
Can never know as Sony rarely leaks what their next set of PS Plus games are

I also wouldn’t use that line of thinking to holding off on a game you may want to play...people have thought games like Knack would be on PS Plus since launch 7 years ago lol.
Dec 24, 2015
77 posts
59 upvotes
Toronto
It was on PS Now before and it's a great game. Could be a PS Plus game going forward.
Oct 21, 2013
249 posts
94 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Excellent game. If you hated the long, drawn-out combat stretches of Rise of the Tomb Raider, this game cuts it way down and has great pacing.
Oct 16, 2013
348 posts
252 upvotes
Burnaby
Niklasky wrote: Any concern that this might be a PS+ freebie anytime soon ?
If it is, it's incredibly unlikely to be the definitive edition. It will just be the base game with no DLC.
[OP]
Dec 3, 2018
154 posts
261 upvotes
Pyramat wrote: If it is, it's incredibly unlikely to be the definitive edition. It will just be the base game with no DLC.
Actually the base (standard) version of the game isn't available on the PlayStation Store anymore so digitally it's Definitive Edition or nothing.
Oct 16, 2013
348 posts
252 upvotes
Burnaby
stingyshopper wrote: Actually the base (standard) version of the game isn't available on the PlayStation Store anymore so digitally it's Definitive Edition or nothing.
Huh, I didn't realize the base game isn't available on the PS Store anymore. I stand corrected!
Feb 19, 2017
481 posts
313 upvotes
Love the first two games. The third was a bit of a let down IMO - especially the tomb puzzles which weren't nearly as interesting/challenging as in previous games (with a few exceptions). But it was still fun to play and worth it if you enjoyed the first two. FWIW I played on PC.
Oct 3, 2008
371 posts
109 upvotes
Canada
Thanks op, I'll wait until the end of the month in case it is announced for psplus.
Apr 20, 2009
946 posts
309 upvotes
Toronto
Is this game comparable to Uncharted 4?
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2005
4071 posts
461 upvotes
Georgetown
drew4008 wrote: Is this game comparable to Uncharted 4?
Tomb Raider games are similar to Uncharted, Last of Us, etc...
Aug 28, 2019
19 posts
17 upvotes
drew4008 wrote: Is this game comparable to Uncharted 4?
Tomb Raider is kind of open worldish with fast traveling. Uncharted is a one way ticket full on movie experience.