Expired Hot Deals

[PlayStation Store] Trials Rising $5.69 - plus not needed - possible price error

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 2nd, 2020 4:20 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2011
2792 posts
4465 upvotes
London, Ontario

Trials Rising $5.69 - plus not needed - possible price error

Deal Link:
Retailer:
PlayStation Store
The reason I think this might be a price error is it's showing the full price as $18.99 on PlayStation when it's $29.99 on Xbox and $34.99 on Steam. It also says it's 70% off on PlayStation but on PS Prices it claims the full price is supposed to be $34.99 and is showing the current price as being 84% off. The game got 79 on Metacritic from critics, but only 65 from users. One reviewer says: "Mid-way through the single player campaign, events become locked behind high levels, and you're required to grind out contracts to earn XP, regardless if you earned gold/platinum on every previous track. This is a tedious chore for long-time players, and a genuinely daunting task for newbies." Plus the game has loot boxes. Enjoy!

There's a free demo as well.

Note that this is only really a $5 savings and as ReeGee pointed out the gold edition can be had for $10-15 during sales. The lowest price I've seen for the gold edition is $12.49 on Xbox.
Last edited by SoldierZeroB on Jul 1st, 2020 1:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
11 replies
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
8004 posts
4627 upvotes
Toronto
One of my favorite games of the past year and I'd recommend it at that price but something to note is that there's a "Gold edition" which includes all the DLC tracks and frequently goes on sale for $10-15 on other platforms but not on PSN for whatever reason. There's enough tracks in the base edition to be worth $6 though
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2011
2792 posts
4465 upvotes
London, Ontario
ReeGee wrote: One of my favorite games of the past year and I'd recommend it at that price but something to note is that there's a "Gold edition" which includes all the DLC tracks and frequently goes on sale for $10-15 on other platforms but not on PSN for whatever reason. There's enough tracks in the base edition to be worth $6 though
Yeah. I was gonna post about that, but I forgot. Bad sleep. Thanks though.
Dec 24, 2017
853 posts
715 upvotes
Ubisoft tends to heavily discount their base version of games. I don't see how this is a price error.....
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2011
2792 posts
4465 upvotes
London, Ontario
zylonite wrote: Ubisoft tends to heavily discount their base version of games. I don't see how this is a price error.....
I said why in my post. Maybe try reading it.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
8004 posts
4627 upvotes
Toronto
zylonite wrote: Ubisoft tends to heavily discount their base version of games. I don't see how this is a price error.....
You're right that Ubi is typically generous with discounts but this is still likely a historical low for this game as even the Steam summer sale has the base version at $10. That said the Gold Edition at $10-$15 is the best version to buy with how much additional content it comes with
Oct 16, 2005
494 posts
28 upvotes
Ooooh it's just a part of the new sale going on! Was trying to figure out why it was soooo cheap! (alot of multiplayer focused games are up to 70% off!)

Thanks for the post!
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2017
1017 posts
709 upvotes
Westmount, QC
It's 5.99 usd in the us ps store
It's a price error.
Should've been 70% off 34.99$ = 10.49$
Dec 3, 2018
168 posts
270 upvotes
Careful Trails Rising is a rage-inducing game. You've been warned.

I bought the gold version a couple months back and while I did enjoy the game, there were times it didn't bring out the good in me. I still occasionally fire it up for user-created tracks in track central. I also ground out 140 free acorns to unlock the 4 track packs, not sure if there's enough free acorns in the non-gold version to do that, though.
Images
  • posyq7dv6ka41.png
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2017
1017 posts
709 upvotes
Westmount, QC
stingyshopper wrote: Careful Trails Rising is a rage-inducing game. You've been warned.

I bought the gold version a couple months back and while I did enjoy the game, there were times it didn't bring out the good in me. I still occasionally fire it up for user-created tracks in track central. I also ground out 140 free acorns to unlock the 4 track packs, not sure if there's enough free acorns in the non-gold version to do that, though.
I have played the older version (trial fusion), and at some point, it was no longer enjoyable.
I'm no longer touching this game :) and your post confirms it
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
8004 posts
4627 upvotes
Toronto
husamus156 wrote: I have played the older version (trial fusion), and at some point, it was no longer enjoyable.
I'm no longer touching this game :) and your post confirms it
Honestly that's probably because Trials Fusion is just a bad game without any of the style, soul and creativity that makes Trial Rising and the older Trials Evolution (2012) so good. I hated Trials Fusion and dropped it in a couple hours despite loving Trials Evo and Rising.
Dec 3, 2018
168 posts
270 upvotes
These Trials games are definitely skill games. My downfall in interest was the extreme difficulty level tracks (I think I only finished 2 of them) and some of the equally extreme contracts you have to grind out for acorns like the invisible bike ones (which after finishing left me so rage-exhausted I didn't want to play anymore ha). Hard to believe there are supposedly even more extreme "ninja" tracks that unlock if you get gold in all the extreme tracks? I am just happy to finish an extreme track let alone get any kind of medal. Some extreme tracks I couldn't even do the first obstacle out the gate and it just causes you to lose interest. I got up to level 130 (and according to the leaderboards I'm in the top 4%) by the time I started looking for something else to play.

If you watch the University of Trials guy's live streams on YouTube you can see even he faults dozens of times on some obstacles and restarts over and over before finally sticking it. Bravo how he manages to keep his cool.