Tags:
None
[OP]
Jun 12, 2011
352 posts
258 upvotes
TORONTO

Playstation Vue in Canada

Now that Playstation Vue is available nationwide (in America), has anyone attempted to use the service in Canada? Will it work with a VPN (and US Playstation account)? I just wanted to get a discussion going because I can't seem to find one anywhere.

For anyone that isn't familiar: Vue is an online TV service, similar to Sling, but with substantially more channel options. The quality and stability are supposedly phenomenal as well. Playstation Vue
5 replies
Deal Guru
Nov 21, 2002
10585 posts
2965 upvotes
Winnipeg
Only sony vu aka playstation vu can be found on firetv's as well. Not android i believe? I might try it
[OP]
Jun 12, 2011
352 posts
258 upvotes
TORONTO
It's currently compatible with Fire TV, iOS, Chromecast, and obviously PS3/PS4. I'm sure they will expand device compatibility as the service matures.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2011
1217 posts
486 upvotes
Brandon
But can you get it in Canada yet? I have a ps4 too and would like to know...
[OP]
Jun 12, 2011
352 posts
258 upvotes
TORONTO
While it's not available in Canada (and probably won't ever be due to CRTC regulations), I'd imagine that it would work with a VPN and US PlayStation account. I've never used a VPN and don't want to waste the money/time figuring it all out, but will if no one else has tried.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
20318 posts
6238 upvotes
So, you want to watch Powers season 2 starting May 31st then? Would buy it on my PS4 but unavailable to us lowly Canadians...