Tags:
None
[OP]
Jun 26, 2016
299 posts
37 upvotes

please close

please close
Last edited by joeythecat29 on Jun 27th, 2016 4:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
17 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 10, 2008
1146 posts
354 upvotes
If her Canadian work visa is still valid, she would just be using that to re-enter Canada.

Are you crossing over by road or air?
Feb 21, 2010
878 posts
252 upvotes
Scarborough
Generally she should have work visa and a work permit. Sometimes work visa may expire and work permit may have been extended/ changed.

She needs valid visa affixed on her passport to enter Canada while traveling by road or air. By road, you may be lucky to get by with a valid work permit but border official needs to send you for secondary inspection and look the records. By air, airline should not let your friend aboard the plane without a valid Canadian visa
Feb 21, 2010
878 posts
252 upvotes
Scarborough
She needs a multiple entry Canadian visa to enter Canada after visiting the U.S.
Feb 21, 2010
878 posts
252 upvotes
Scarborough
Your friend entered this country with a Canadian visa on her foreign passport. So ask her if that visa is a work visa and if it is still valid and if it is multiple entry.
[OP]
Jun 26, 2016
299 posts
37 upvotes
romeocanada wrote: Your friend entered this country with a Canadian visa on her foreign passport. So ask her if that visa is a work visa and if it is still valid and if it is multiple entry.
Ok thanks for the help, when she gets her passport back from the US embassy, I will take a look
Feb 21, 2010
878 posts
252 upvotes
Scarborough
So it's valid and is multiple. Is it a work visa?
Feb 21, 2010
878 posts
252 upvotes
Scarborough
If she has a valid work permit post expiry of her work visa, then she can renew the work visa thru Canadian consulate outside Canada. For e.g buffalo, New York.
Dec 17, 2006
537 posts
64 upvotes
joeythecat29 wrote: I'm not sure exactly what the visa is, it says "W-1 Worker" so I am assuming it is a work visa. so with this being a "multiple" entry visa, does she need anything else or is that good enough?
If she has VALID work permit, she can re-enter Canada from the US. No problem. Re-entering Canada from the US is not consider re-entry for immigration purposes. She does not need a Canadian visa.

However, if she needs to re-enter from another country (e.g. Philippines), she will need to obtain visa from Canadian consulate (e.g. Buffalo - very easy and fast but cost $100).

Unless something has changed recently this is the experience of my Filipino friends.

And think about it, she would not be allowed into the US without them being sure she can return. Just confirm with the Canadian customs (call or visit) to be 100% sure.