Automotive

TD AUTO Insur scammed me for over $500 consecutively during mid year

  • Last Updated:
  • Oct 26th, 2020 9:15 pm
[OP]
Newbie
Oct 23, 2020
0 posts
2 upvotes

TD AUTO Insur scammed me for over $500 consecutively during mid year

TD Insurance is just a huge scam, PLEASE FINISH READING MY REAL PERSONAL STORY AS A NEW CUSTOMER, IT WILL 100% HELP YOU CHOOSE TO GO WITH THEM OR NOT. only different between it and a black shop on the street is they are bigger, and have longer wait time for you to get fed up and bare with the scam by force. Ever since I opened account with td insurance as a customer, which I joined with my wife who have existing accounts with car and home, I have to call three times and wait 1.5hr each time to let their supervisor apply my deserved discounts that should be applied without calling, then after getting a mere 15% discount, then my wife begin to get letters from them every single month, simply with the title 'Change on your premiums' without telling us any details whatsoever in the letters, her premium before I even joined was around $1800, then after we called it applied discount to $1500, we thought it finally over, then out of no where she got a following letter sconde month in notifing her new annual premium changed to little over $2000 all the sudden without us doing anything! or being told by anything! What their customer service tells you or? promose would be jokes, with no credibility like RBC, Dajardans, or Manulife and etc, i ended up losing more than what they promised to discount for, I'm regretting so much to switch from RBC to TD.
16 replies
Newbie
Nov 23, 2014
14 posts
11 upvotes
Richmond, BC
Sounds bullshit. Your insurance premiums can't change mid policy without a reason. We live in Canada, not Ethiopia. Maybe actually read the letter instead of complaining? Before you reply and say "OH BUT IT DID BUT IT DID ITS A SCAM", post the letters and black out your private information.
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2007
3603 posts
712 upvotes
Only his first post...

Even to make a fake post, while choose td insurance
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2006
1498 posts
1091 upvotes
Toronto
I have TD Meloche, and they don't change premiums mid policy year. I did hear that service level has gone down since they merged customer services with TD Insurance, but haven't phoned lately to see how long wait times are. Any insurance company will give you better deal first year and then hike up prices each year hoping you won't switch. Also, if you got a traffic ticket you can't switch companies because the new company will pull your court record, another reason your existing company will take a chance and hike your rates.
Newbie
Jul 24, 2008
90 posts
26 upvotes
TD us absolutely terrible. Last year we bought a house and had to change our address / car insurance we were quoted $1000/per year on home insurance. We even did the online quote before calling in just to make sure we could get that rate and the rep on the phone confirmed it. Once we signed up and received our paper work it showed something completely different. Almost double the amount without any warning. When we called back in they said we were never quoted that price and that there was nothing they could do. Let's just say I switched very quickly to RBC after that and haven't had any issues. I would never go back to TD after 10 years or loyal service.
Jr. Member
Oct 10, 2020
144 posts
88 upvotes
hahaty wrote: Sounds bullshit. Your insurance premiums can't change mid policy without a reason. We live in Canada, not Ethiopia. Maybe actually read the letter instead of complaining? Before you reply and say "OH BUT IT DID BUT IT DID ITS A SCAM", post the letters and black out your private information.
It's happening this year (to me too). I think they are abusing the covid-19 scheme ( applying rate increase to non-covid-19 related rates).

The reason TD is so hard to reach unless it's their sales department LOL ... "Contacting TD Meloche Monnex" ... contacting-td-meloche-monnex-2410221/
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2010
9275 posts
1401 upvotes
Insurance is pure scam. Changed the car, tells me that model is cheaper buy babababa. Then renewal, bam, back to the same old rate as before. Bunch of scammers.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jun 9, 2003
24616 posts
1786 upvotes
Markham, ON
I got a hold of TD in 24 mins on Thursday at 10pm...not sure about all this waiting?!?!
Sr. Member
Oct 1, 2015
791 posts
960 upvotes
Barrie, ON
Swerny wrote: Wut?
If you get a translation can you fill the rest of us in? lol
Jr. Member
Oct 10, 2020
144 posts
88 upvotes
thelefteyeguy wrote: I got a hold of TD in 24 mins on Thursday at 10pm...not sure about all this waiting?!?!
Maybe they extended the hours (not this number --->). But 1 800 268 8955 closes at 8pm (m-f) and 4pm (sat) MT.
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2004
3728 posts
309 upvotes
Toronto
Should report them to FSCO if you think you're legitimately getting scammed. All rate changes are filed with the provincial regulators, and they can't change rates mid-term, it's only done at renewal. Renewals are generally done 60 days in advance, so if there are changes made to the policy in that 60-day period, the first renewal documents won't reflect it. I usually call/email my broker confirm the balance if I'm making changes within that renewal period or any changes I made to the policy.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jul 12, 2003
11239 posts
3497 upvotes
Toronto
Troll post,

New join, 1st post.
Missing details on the story
Horrible text to read.

You deserve my downvote.
Retired Forum Moderator February 2009 - June 2015
Sr. Member
User avatar
Mar 23, 2009
847 posts
191 upvotes
Halifax
EpanioZ wrote: TD Insurance is just a huge scam, PLEASE FINISH READING MY REAL PERSONAL STORY AS A NEW CUSTOMER, IT WILL 100% HELP YOU CHOOSE TO GO WITH THEM OR NOT. only different between it and a black shop on the street is they are bigger, and have longer wait time for you to get fed up and bare with the scam by force. Ever since I opened account with td insurance as a customer, which I joined with my wife who have existing accounts with car and home, I have to call three times and wait 1.5hr each time to let their supervisor apply my deserved discounts that should be applied without calling, then after getting a mere 15% discount, then my wife begin to get letters from them every single month, simply with the title 'Change on your premiums' without telling us any details whatsoever in the letters, her premium before I even joined was around $1800, then after we called it applied discount to $1500, we thought it finally over, then out of no where she got a following letter sconde month in notifing her new annual premium changed to little over $2000 all the sudden without us doing anything! or being told by anything! What their customer service tells you or? promose would be jokes, with no credibility like RBC, Dajardans, or Manulife and etc, i ended up losing more than what they promised to discount for, I'm regretting so much to switch from RBC to TD.
I think your post has no credibility!
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Nov 4, 2008
6486 posts
5971 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Personally, TD's consistently been the cheapest option for me, and each renewal is pleasantly cheaper than the last
When given enough time, all threads on RFD can and will go off on a tangent.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)