• Aug 2nd, 2021 5:02 pm
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jun 28, 2003
11438 posts
4647 upvotes
Ottawa

Please help fixing a leaky faucet in the kitchen sink

Hello all, the faucet in our kitchen sink is leaky (I didn't want to derail JoeBlack23's thread so I thought it's better that I created a new one).

It is a single handle and the make and model is Brizo 63020LF-PC Solna

I will try to attach a couple of pictures here and a short video clip, if possible, so you have a better understand of the situation and can provide appropriate guidance. I thought about removing the aerator and clean it but I don't have the tool and when I asked to purchase it at a local hardware store, I was told the aerator may not be the cause, rather it is the cartridge.

If you have any idea how we should approach this, I would appreciate it very much. Thank you.

3 replies
May 12, 2014
969 posts
765 upvotes
Markham, ON
If water is still coming out after you've turned it off, then usually it's the cartridge. They usually wear out.

According to the manufacturer's website, the part you need is RP73000.
There is also a diagram of what you'll need to remove to replace the part in the second link. Remove the handle and then the nut then switch the part out.

https://www.brizo.com/kitchen/product/63020LF-PC
https://media.brizo.com/PartsDiagram/BP ... ev%20G.pdf
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2015
1101 posts
682 upvotes
Guelph, ON
Thanks for the shout out to my thread LOL. I think you have the same problem as I was trying to fix, except pretty sure mine is a "ball" while yours is a "cartridge". My option to "fix" was destroyed when I think I broke the little screw that attaches the handle to the base. So now I'm in the process of replacing the old faucet with a new one (looks similar to the one you have now). Got to the point of pulling out the old one and now I'm looking at a bunch of gunk left that was below the base, I think it's the decomposed gasket and plumbers putty.

I guess my advice is if you have a little screw to detach the handle, apparently you don't need to pull it all the way out (at least for some models). I.e. avoid my mistake.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jun 28, 2003
11438 posts
4647 upvotes
Ottawa
JoeBlack23 wrote: Thanks for the shout out to my thread LOL. I think you have the same problem as I was trying to fix, except pretty sure mine is a "ball" while yours is a "cartridge". My option to "fix" was destroyed when I think I broke the little screw that attaches the handle to the base. So now I'm in the process of replacing the old faucet with a new one (looks similar to the one you have now). Got to the point of pulling out the old one and now I'm looking at a bunch of gunk left that was below the base, I think it's the decomposed gasket and plumbers putty.

I guess my advice is if you have a little screw to detach the handle, apparently you don't need to pull it all the way out (at least for some models). I.e. avoid my mistake.
I found a guy on FB Marketplace who has the part (cartridge) and also does the install so I had him over earlier today. It took him close to an hour to diagnose and fix the issue (we will monitor overnight to see if the faucet will continue to drip) but it's $ well-spent for me as I am not too particularly mechanically inclined.

Hope you fix yours and thanks to Bobberts for those links as well. Have a great night, gents.