• Last Updated:
  • May 18th, 2020 4:02 am
[OP]
Nov 19, 2015
25 posts
24 upvotes
White Rock, BC

Please Help with HDMI arc settings from strn 1060 to a lg c9

Hey guys so I just baught a lg c9 today 55 inch. I run everything from my amp strdn-1060 which sends sound to klipsh speakers. So everything is in the amplifier then it’s arc to the tv arc HDMI input. THIS New is a smart tv. So I have apps right on the tv. My problem is. Let’s say I use airplay or the Netflix app via the tv instead of my telus box which is connected to the amp, I don’t get sound, I only get sound from the built in tv speakers, and not from my standing speakers. It makes sense that is does this, but is there a way to have it work both ways?
4 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
16050 posts
2655 upvotes
Toronto
Did you check the output settings in your TV to enable hdmi for sound output?

Did you enable cec on the receiver?
Last edited by audit13 on May 17th, 2020 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
May 31, 2009
1323 posts
393 upvotes
I think your receiver still has a digital optical cable input. This won’t give you TrueHD/Atmos/DTS:HDMA/X audio but it seems like it would be the only way to get a Dolby/DTS 5.1 or better audio to your receiver/speakers. Only reason why your speakers aren’t working is because don’t have any audio out cable to the receiver itself.
[external link removed]
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2017
3894 posts
1658 upvotes
SW corner of the cou…
Might need to set TV speakers off and then select TV for the sound source on your AVR.

Handshaking compatibility leaves a lot to be desired. Have a Vizio M fed by a current Denon AVR. Even with the AVR set to output sound I get times where the AVR won't output sound, but the TV will (when I turn speakers on). Have to power cycle the AVR. At times can't get AirPlay to work and even crashes the TV (Apple TV sucks and will be discontinued as soon as the 1 yr free trial is over).

Had some thing going on yesterday where Netflix from the PC wouldn't output sound but some video file player on same PC would (at the same time).

Try
https://www.sony.ca/en/electronics/supp ... s/00020051
Cream rises to the top. So does scum.
[OP]
Nov 19, 2015
25 posts
24 upvotes
White Rock, BC
audit13 wrote: Did you check the output settings in your TV to enable hdmi for sound output?

Did you enable cec on the receiver?
I played around with the settings on the receiver and enabled the cec. Also set audio out to tv+amp and it does the trick. Don’t need to have an optical cable now.