• Last Updated:
  • Sep 1st, 2022 10:24 am
Mar 23, 2015
207 posts
27 upvotes
Burlington, ON

Please help me to choose color for my front door

Hi Guys,

I am looking for ideas on color/stain I should go for my front door that I am about to replace.

Below are pictures of my house, front door and siding under different lights. Sorry sidings are dirty, I will clean them shortly.

After that is the design that I am getting. Only mine will have one door. Sidelight and handle on the right side. My door will 36 inches wide and sidelight 6 inches wide.

I have some options that door company gave me below, but it is not limited to those choices. Those are last two pictures.

I will be repainting my garage door and other accents in color that I will choose for door.

Looking forward to your ideas.

Thank you in advance.

irafikov
Images
  • Out 1.jpg
  • Out 2.jpg
  • Out 3.jpg
  • Out 4.jpg
  • Out 5.jpg
  • Out 6.jpg
  • Out 7.jpg
  • Design.jpg
  • Color 1.jpg
  • Color 2.jpg
15 replies
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2008
8428 posts
4673 upvotes
Durham
COLOUR is a personal preference.

I would do PINK or PURPLE or even FLUORESCENT YELLOW.

16'x11' Living Room 11' Cathedral Ceiling. Hisense 65Q8G. Denon AVR-S740H 7.2 setup. Jamo Classic 10 280W Towers - FR+FL; Polk S35 - Center; Klipsch R51M - RR+RL; Klipsch R14M - Dolby FHR+FHL; Polk HTS10 Subwoofer x2. Unlocked Android Boxes from Taiwan x2
Mar 23, 2015
207 posts
27 upvotes
Burlington, ON
jdmfishingonly wrote: COLOUR is a personal preference.

I would do PINK or PURPLE or even FLUORESCENT YELLOW.

very true. however I have to admit I am really bad at selecting colors. I did once for a bedroom and that was a last time for me Face With Tears Of Joy

I leaning towards brown. It is color V 70148
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
21738 posts
21353 upvotes
Tarrana & The Ri…
I think you should go with a Color like red, blue or yellow. Wouldn’t use stain. Would use actual paint.
Deal Guru
Jan 25, 2007
12695 posts
7861 upvotes
Paris
How is there room here? Your garage door is so close, there is electrical… are you pulling permits and getting an electrician?
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
4867 posts
2067 upvotes
Edmonton
The Color options suck. Even a white would be good but green or red would look great too

Brown is Only good for the Color of the stool
warming up the earth 1 gas fill-up at a time...
You only live once, get a v8
Deal Fanatic
Nov 17, 2012
5381 posts
5003 upvotes
Toronto
Ildasm wrote: very true. however I have to admit I am really bad at selecting colors. I did once for a bedroom and that was a last time for me Face With Tears Of Joy

I leaning towards brown. It is color V 70148
The only colour you should ever paint an interior wall is white. Benjamin Moore Cloud White in particular. Period end of story. Painting walls different colours is nuts and a waste of time.

Just pick a colour that matches everything else and be done with it. When you feel like it slap a coat of paint on the door to jazz it up, but that doesn't seem to be your thing so just keep matching things.

Your garage door isn't an 'accent'. If you paint your door, the garage door and other 'accents' all the same colour, they are no longer accents. Don't waste your time and money painting all these things. Just leave them alone.

Focus on cleaning out your garage so you can park your cars inside.
Mar 23, 2015
207 posts
27 upvotes
Burlington, ON
Jerico wrote: How is there room here? Your garage door is so close, there is electrical… are you pulling permits and getting an electrician?
I am not going to be installing the door myself. An installer from company is going to do it. We removed drywall from inside to see what's in there and installer came to see it as well. There is no electrical wires, thankfully, only low voltage wire for doorbell. They also checked how big of the door we can fit as well.
Last edited by Ildasm on Aug 31st, 2022 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 23, 2015
207 posts
27 upvotes
Burlington, ON
torontotim wrote: The only colour you should ever paint an interior wall is white. Benjamin Moore Cloud White in particular. Period end of story. Painting walls different colours is nuts and a waste of time.

Just pick a colour that matches everything else and be done with it. When you feel like it slap a coat of paint on the door to jazz it up, but that doesn't seem to be your thing so just keep matching things.

Your garage door isn't an 'accent'. If you paint your door, the garage door and other 'accents' all the same colour, they are no longer accents. Don't waste your time and money painting all these things. Just leave them alone.

Focus on cleaning out your garage so you can park your cars inside.
I am just done with my garage and I can fit both cars. Very proud of how garage turned out actually. I am adding some pictures below.

Last edited by Ildasm on Aug 31st, 2022 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 23, 2015
207 posts
27 upvotes
Burlington, ON
jonnycee1 wrote: Next thread will be “what locks/gripset should I choose for my door”
Choosing these was the easiest and I already know what I am going to go with.
Mar 23, 2015
207 posts
27 upvotes
Burlington, ON
So far this is the color that I like in oak grain

Deal Guru
Jan 25, 2007
12695 posts
7861 upvotes
Paris
Ildasm wrote: I am not going to be installing the door myself. An installer from company is going to do it. We removed drywall from inside to see what's in there and installer came to see it as well. There is no electrical wires, thankfully, only low voltage wire for doorbell. They also checked how big of the door we can fit as well.
Are they pulling a permit?
Deal Guru
Jan 25, 2007
12695 posts
7861 upvotes
Paris
Ildasm wrote: So far this is the color that I like in oak grain

In my experience, the oak grains look the least like wood and mahogany looks the most like wood.