None
[OP]
Apr 7, 2008
84 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto

Please help me choose which luggage set from Bestbuy

Hi all,

Bestbuy is having a sale on their luggage and I can't decide which set to get, can you help me? Which one would be a better buy - Samsonite or Swiss Gear? Or should I buy the set from Costco for $159 (Samsonite 2 piece 21' and 28').

Please give me your opinions. Thanks so much in advance.

Samsonite Tech Series, $299

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/sam ... 79193.aspx

Samsonite prestige, $299

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/sam ... a695d9en02

Or this Swiss Gear Victorious, $249

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/swi ... 16215cen02

Thanks for helping.
10 replies
May 28, 2012
12044 posts
4667 upvotes
Saskatoon
I would get the set from Costco, much better warranty and I absolutely detest retailers who mark everything up 800% and then say it's 75% off.
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2010
1191 posts
315 upvotes
Toronto
the one from costo is a 2 piece (20 and 28) for $179 or something and i believe it was Samsonite as well.
[OP]
Apr 7, 2008
84 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks for your replies, I was worrying that the set from Costco is a tad over size for the carry-on. It's 1 inch over on the depth, would I be allowed to bring it as carry-on for being over by one inch?
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
38216 posts
24393 upvotes
Center of Universe
Tammy101 wrote: Thanks for your replies, I was worrying that the set from Costco is a tad over size for the carry-on. It's 1 inch over on the depth, would I be allowed to bring it as carry-on for being over by one inch?
They have bag sizers that you can use to check fitment.
As long as it fits in the sizer (trick is to not overstuff your carry-on) it can be 1"-2" over size and still be allowed.
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2014
1999 posts
878 upvotes
HK
Tammy101 wrote: Thanks for your replies, I was worrying that the set from Costco is a tad over size for the carry-on. It's 1 inch over on the depth, would I be allowed to bring it as carry-on for being over by one inch?
not if you're traveling on Air Canada, can't comment on Westjet/Porter
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2005
1694 posts
198 upvotes
Vancouver
I wouldn't take the risk if I were you. The carry on is definitely oversized
May 28, 2012
12044 posts
4667 upvotes
Saskatoon
Personally, I would not buy a hardshell, at least for carryon. I have seen a number of people trying to cram those types of carryons into the overhead bins - some of them don't fit very efficiently.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
38216 posts
24393 upvotes
Center of Universe
McKinsey wrote: not if you're traveling on Air Canada, can't comment on Westjet/Porter
I actually have an AC "approved" luggage set and my carry-on is larger than their specified dimensions (width is larger).
But you know what, it fist the bag sizer and was deemed approved for carry-on without any issues.
The trick is to not overstuff and you can easily squeeze it in without any issues.
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2014
1999 posts
878 upvotes
HK
vkizzle wrote: I actually have an AC "approved" luggage set and my carry-on is larger than their specified dimensions (width is larger).
But you know what, it fist the bag sizer and was deemed approved for carry-on without any issues.
The trick is to not overstuff and you can easily squeeze it in without any issues.
I see a lot of grown men (Super Elite status) throw a fit every week when they are told to check their expensive Tumi bags. Overstuffed or not. The dimensions on AC are just ridiculous as the sizers are smallers than the acutal bins on the the A319 and larger aircrafts, and will only fit in the business class section of the E90s
[OP]
Apr 7, 2008
84 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto
Thank you all. I think I will get the Swiss Gear set, as the set from Costco is too big for the carry-on.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)