Please help me fix the long crank times on my car
- Vehicle is parked overnight. In the morning, the car starts up right away within 1 to 2 seconds
- I would drive the vehicle for about 20 min on the highway and park it.
- I would come back to start the car after 1 hour or so and when I try cranking the car, it would take about 4 seconds or more before it starts. The vehicle always starts but just has extended crank times.
Here is what I have tried so far:
- after the vehicle sits a while, I cycled the key 3 times to see if it is fuel issue which it does not seem to be (i.e. move key to the start position (before cranking), waited 10 seconds, turn it off, remove key, wait 10 seconds, and do this 2 more times)
- I had the fuel injectors cleaned as well as the throttle body
- I used CRC Mass Air Flow Sensor Cleaner and cleaned the sensor and replaced the air filter. It gave my car better pickup but didn't fix the extended cranking
- Had the battery tested and it is powerful and providing enough voltage at crank
- Put a big bottle of Lucas fuel injector cleaner and topped up my gas tank. I am still having it run through the system before the tank is empty
- Ran a scan tool at parts source and they didn't find any codes on the system and no CEL is displayed
I know the Camry suggests replacing plugs at 192K. The fact that the car drives and accelerates fine once it starts makes me think that it is not a spark plug or ignition coil issue.
Here is hoping the experts on RFD can help me fix the problem
Car Buying Tips & Tricks
My Cell Phone Providers: Koodo Mobile and Zoomer Wireless