Automotive

Please recommend: 2019 RAV 4 Limited Hydrid or 2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring New Cars

• Last Updated:
  • May 12th, 2019 11:52 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2006
2057 posts
56 upvotes
Toronto

Please recommend: 2019 RAV 4 Limited Hydrid or 2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring New Cars

I am looking to purchase a new vehicle 2019 this month, either Toyota 2019 RAV 4 Limited Hydrid or Honda Civic Sport Touring 2019. Both cars are automatic.

Also would being doing Uber/Lyft part time.

Thank You!
iPhone 2G (x2)>>IPhone 3G (x3)>>iPhone 3GS>>iPhone 4 (x2)>>Nexus One>>Nexus S (x3)>>Moto Atrix>>BB Bold>>BB curve 3G (x2)>>Samsung Galaxy S2 UK (x2)>>Samsung Galaxy S2 India>>Samsung Galaxy S2 (2)>>Palm Pre Plus>>White iPhone 4>>Nokia N95>>HTC Sensation 4G(x2)>>HP Pre 3>>Samsung Nexus (x2)>>IPhone 4S White>>Samsung Galaxy Note UK (x2)>>Nokia Lumia 710>>Samsung Galaxy S3 UK White>>HTC One X LTE White ATT>>HTC ONE X Grey UK>>HTC Wildfire S>>IPhone 5 Black
12 replies
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
13760 posts
5372 upvotes
Toronto, ON
meus wrote: I am looking to purchase a new vehicle 2019 this month, either Toyota 2019 RAV 4 Limited Hydrid or Honda Civic Sport Touring 2019. Both cars are automatic.

Also would being doing Uber/Lyft part time.

Thank You!
That's a huge price difference between the two vehicles. You have to first make up your mind as to whether you need a sedan or a CUV? The hybrid will give you some fuel savings over the Civic but again, at a huge price premium as well. Because the RAV4 is a CUV, it does ride higher than the Civic, and may make getting in & out a bit more difficult for passengers (if you're doing Uber/Lyft part time). I just bought a 2019 RAV4 Limited Hybrid and it's a really nice vehicle.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2006
2057 posts
56 upvotes
Toronto
jackrabbit000 wrote: Google oil dilution in the Honda Civic or CRV and you wouldn’t be buying one. Is it fixed in the 2019? I highly doubt it.

http://www.hondaproblems.com/oil-dilution/

Thank You! for the info. Heard 2019 models should have that issue fixed...

rvs007 wrote: That's a huge price difference between the two vehicles. You have to first make up your mind as to whether you need a sedan or a CUV? The hybrid will give you some fuel savings over the Civic but again, at a huge price premium as well. Because the RAV4 is a CUV, it does ride higher than the Civic, and may make getting in & out a bit more difficult for passengers (if you're doing Uber/Lyft part time). I just bought a 2019 RAV4 Limited Hybrid and it's a really nice vehicle.
That is true, I was thinking about the height for both vehicles as well and the cost. Honda is more money savings for me.
iPhone 2G (x2)>>IPhone 3G (x3)>>iPhone 3GS>>iPhone 4 (x2)>>Nexus One>>Nexus S (x3)>>Moto Atrix>>BB Bold>>BB curve 3G (x2)>>Samsung Galaxy S2 UK (x2)>>Samsung Galaxy S2 India>>Samsung Galaxy S2 (2)>>Palm Pre Plus>>White iPhone 4>>Nokia N95>>HTC Sensation 4G(x2)>>HP Pre 3>>Samsung Nexus (x2)>>IPhone 4S White>>Samsung Galaxy Note UK (x2)>>Nokia Lumia 710>>Samsung Galaxy S3 UK White>>HTC One X LTE White ATT>>HTC ONE X Grey UK>>HTC Wildfire S>>IPhone 5 Black
May 27, 2017
281 posts
402 upvotes
Uber is dead, you’ve been warned...
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2007
7957 posts
4574 upvotes
Alberta
meus wrote: Thank You! for the info. Heard 2019 models should have that issue fixed...
It's a band-aid fix. You're money, go for it.
Dec 6, 2017
94 posts
27 upvotes
If you are going to drive Uber just find a decent used civic and put the kms on it. In 12-18 months sell it and do it again.

Do not buy new and do Uber.
Nov 23, 2012
487 posts
157 upvotes
Toronto
Jswarez wrote: If you are going to drive Uber just find a decent used civic and put the kms on it. In 12-18 months sell it and do it again.

Do not buy new and do Uber.
I wonder why you suggest selling it in 18 months? Isn't selling a car also incur some cost?
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2006
2308 posts
1882 upvotes
Markham
jackrabbit000 wrote: It's a band-aid fix. You're money, go for it.
FWIW, I have a 2019 Civic Touring 1.5T and haven’t had the issue (been checking).

I’ll need to pay more attention come winter though.

Koodo $40/8GB
Public Mobile $38/5GB
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
35228 posts
21213 upvotes
Center of Universe
meus wrote: Thank You! for the info. Heard 2019 models should have that issue fixed...

That is true, I was thinking about the height for both vehicles as well and the cost. Honda is more money savings for me.
Unfortunately, you heard wrong.
The 1.5T engine is the same design as the previous year.
My kid brother owns a 2018 Hatchback Touring and hasn't experienced the oil dillution issue, as his drives to work everyday is at least an hour commute.
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
15702 posts
13435 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I wouldn't touch any current Honda turd currently using any turbo. Quality has gone down the shitter big time and they are still riding on "reputation" what a freaking joke.

For passengers the Rav4 will be better for the back to get in and out of as the civic has a tighter rear door. But buying a brand new car for people to get in and out of, I'm not sure how the added wear and tear is worth it...

Buy a used car if you intend to drive people around and not care as much about the car getting messed up, not to mention being cheaper for cost of ownership.
Oct 21, 2006
597 posts
357 upvotes
op have you considered the 2020 Corolla Hybrid? They seem like an ideal car for ride services.
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
15702 posts
13435 upvotes
Richmond Hill
fizzes wrote: Usual Honda BS fear mongering on this forum! Most people who diss Honda's on this forum drive Korean scrap and we all know they never break or have issues :rolleyes:
I wouldn’t buy Korean either lol. But at this point Korean or Honda...really what’s the diff?