• Jul 16th, 2020 1:06 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Dec 23, 2003
16632 posts
5191 upvotes
Toronto

Please recommend a Lawn Maintenance Company for my home

My parents who are seniors are looking at a good Lawn Maintenance company that can come by and take care of the weeds and crabgrass at their home. Looking at homestars, I see a number of them listed with reviews:

https://homestars.com/on/north-york/lawn-maintenance

Has anyone used any of these companies and can tell me what their experience is like? I am looking to set something up so that they can do some things now and hopefully by next summer, the lawn looks much better.

What would you guys suggest and what is a fair price for these things? They have tried to do some things on their own prefer to get some professional to take care of it due to health/mobility issues.

Thanks
2 replies
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
17965 posts
12640 upvotes
Markham
Pricing can vary ie size of property, ease of cutting it, just grass cutting or do you also want weed spray, aeration, etc.

Best place to find someone is to check with neighbours IMO as the landscapers are already in the area and will be more reasonable.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2013
2284 posts
1620 upvotes
GTA
I don't think any company can deliver a weed-free yard unless willing to invest time in digging out weeds and maintaining the lawn. The anti-weed sprays are not effective and the ones that are are banned (and deservedly so).

Proper lawn maintenance will involve a lot of watering/fertilizing for the grass and active weed removal by hand.