• Last Updated:
  • May 8th, 2021 10:50 am
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2005
4451 posts
2139 upvotes
Toronto

Please recommend a quality lawn sprinkler that I can order online

I just overseeded my backyard and realized that a crappy plastic sprinkler I bought at Lowe's 2 summers ago is no longer working correctly. So I'm on the hunt for a new one. unfortunately those available on amazon seem to have their fair share of negative reviews, all ending with some kind of failure. I'm not sure why these things don't last.

So, ive settled on the fact that I may need something made out of metal to get any kind of longevity out of it. Thing is, I need something that can water an irregular shaped area so that I'm not watering my patio unnecessarily.

I've come across this product from amazon
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B0036GA7K8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_i_PW7SFX1FF1K4K10AE2PE?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
That seems to check the boxes. A bit pricier than what I would have hoped as I need to buy 2 to cover my entire lawn. But willing to pay for something that will last.

Does anyone have this sprinkler or something like this or perhaps can recommend something else?
8 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2002
3681 posts
1733 upvotes
Repooc wrote: I just overseeded my backyard and realized that a crappy plastic sprinkler I bought at Lowe's 2 summers ago is no longer working correctly. So I'm on the hunt for a new one. unfortunately those available on amazon seem to have their fair share of negative reviews, all ending with some kind of failure. I'm not sure why these things don't last.

So, ive settled on the fact that I may need something made out of metal to get any kind of longevity out of it. Thing is, I need something that can water an irregular shaped area so that I'm not watering my patio unnecessarily.

I've come across this product from amazon
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B0036GA7K8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_i_PW7SFX1FF1K4K10AE2PE?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
That seems to check the boxes. A bit pricier than what I would have hoped as I need to buy 2 to cover my entire lawn. But willing to pay for something that will last.

Does anyone have this sprinkler or something like this or perhaps can recommend something else?
I don't have a recommendation for you but I'm interested in getting something too. I just stumbled across this one at Lee Valley that seems to do the exact same thing, but only overs 33' radius compared to the one you found at 43'.

https://www.leevalley.com/en-ca/shop/ga ... item=AB173 It's half the price so get two?
Apr 30, 2013
860 posts
535 upvotes
King City
I've owned the Gilmour (purchased at Canadian Tire for ~$30) and the one from Lee Valley for several years now. Would recommend both products.
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2005
4451 posts
2139 upvotes
Toronto
goob3r wrote: I don't have a recommendation for you but I'm interested in getting something too. I just stumbled across this one at Lee Valley that seems to do the exact same thing, but only overs 33' radius compared to the one you found at 43'.

https://www.leevalley.com/en-ca/shop/ga ... item=AB173 It's half the price so get two?
HA!!! Too funny, after not getting any responses to this thread yesterday, lastnight I actually stumbled across the same product from Lee Valley after a bit of Google searching and bought two of them!

I was going to report back here today to update this thread.

I'll be sure to report back once I've been able to test them out.
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2010
15881 posts
10565 upvotes
Toronto
I have a gilmour, it's been great now for about 5 years. I've spent close to $100 on some units with a remote controlled, ect... And they are garbage. Didn't even get a season out of them.

Can buy online at CT and pickup. Don't know why everyone jumps to amazon for online purchases, think of more locally operated shops.
DIY difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke
Mar 31, 2013
346 posts
1112 upvotes
Courtenay, BC
I have three of the gilmour ones you posted a link for, 2 are about 4-5 years old, one is only a year old.....all work well, I have each one set for its own area of lawn. Just make sure the water sprinkler part is tightened in to the base, if it is a bit loose the pivot action will loosened it further and your preset pattern will no longer match your lawn...
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2005
4451 posts
2139 upvotes
Toronto
Just to close the loop on this thread...

I got my two sprinklers from Lee Valley set up and running in my backyard. Surprisingly, they don't need much pressure to get spray distance. I had first fired them up on full blast and they flipped right over. Unfortunately they are plastic (very light) and don't have any kind of stake to hold it in the ground. But backing off the pressure solves all of this. I can see where a metal version of this same design would improve dramatically, if not longevity.

I played around with the distance adjustment and it works adequately. Allowing me to water "around" various patios in my backyard.

I have both of them running simultaneously off of a hose Y-splitter with no issue whatsoever.

Overall so far so good. We'll see how long these last now.

Some pics below...
PXL_20210508_144320211.jpg
PXL_20210508_144326853.jpg

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)