Careers

Please review my resume ;) (Recent BBA Grad)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 2nd, 2012 12:35 am
Tags:
None

Poll: Rate 1 to 5?

• Total votes: 0. You have voted on this poll.
[OP]
May 8, 2012
21 posts

Please review my resume ;) (Recent BBA Grad)

FIRST LAST NAME B.B.A.

• Recent graduate of Bachelor of Business Administration degree – highly motivated to launch professional marketing career
• Three years of experience in marketing, business development and customer service
• Technically adept – CRM (SalesForce, Prophet), Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Graphic Suites (Adobe, Corel)
• Dedicated to growing the company’s bottom-line revenues while ensuring the highest levels of service
• Self-motivated and disciplined professional with an exceptional ability to quickly learn and adapt
• Exceptional and intuitive communication and interpersonal skills; focused listener and highly attentive
• Experienced in designing layouts for advertising, documents, and marketing materials

EXPERIENCE

Factory Direct
Marketing Assistant (Internship) – West Vancouver, BC (April 2012-June 2012)
• Created daily promotional email blasts to subscribed customers
• Created web coupons and tracked sales using company’s custom software
• Assisted in the setup and analysis of various types of sales and marketing campaigns
• Assisted in the creation and layout of bi-weekly print flyers
• Assisted in the maintenance of a high traffic retail website
• Assisted in various administrative duties and enhancing digital documents

Shangri-La Hotel
F&B Service Associate/F&B Expeditor – Vancouver, BC (April 2011-April 2012)
• Primary liaison between multiple departments for communication, quality, inventory, and customer service
• Coordinated and organized multiple orders to ensure that orders are met in minimal time
• Monitored and inspected modified orders to meet customers’ requirements or preferences
• Expedited and delivered the restaurant’s products and services to the customers
• Highly attuned in time management, attention to detail, efficiency and teamwork
• Continuously remained professional, composed, and poised even in high pressure situations
• Delivered five-star quality customer service to both restaurant customers and hotel guests

Pan Brothers Textiles
Sales Representative – Vancouver, BC (January 2009-February 2010)
• Maintained and developed relationship between the manufacturing company and its clients
• Facilitated and communicated purchase orders between the clients and the vendors
• Scheduled and coordinated meetings between the clients and the vendors
• Maintained regular contact with the clients for customer service and reordering inquiries
• Accomplished or exceeded monthly sales quota repeatedly

EDUCATION

• Bachelor of Business Administration – Marketing
Langara College, School of Management - Vancouver, BC. (2007-2012)

ACTIVITIES

• Applied Business Project – Marketing, Financial, and Operational consultation for Westaqua Commodity Group Ltd. (2012)
• Langara Golf Club – Intermediate Player (2009-Present)
• Entrepreneur Club – Organizer (2008-2009)
• High School Baseball Team – Captain (2004-2006)

I'm trying to get a job as a marketing assistant or sales representative. Please advise and give me critiques on this resume that I have been using. Thanks!
7 replies
[OP]
May 8, 2012
21 posts
bump. Please if there is any suggestion I would really appreciate it. I never had anyone take a look or review my resume.
Jun 25, 2012
4 posts
1 upvote
VANCOUVER
Try to avoid repeating "Created/Assisted" in the Marketing Assistant section.
Dec 3, 2009
278 posts
45 upvotes
paintballvancouver wrote: Try to avoid repeating "Created/Assisted" in the Marketing Assistant section.
^that

and instead of copy and pasting your job description in there, try and use the verb+action+result method.

so instead of "Created daily promotional email blasts to subscribed customers", you can try: "Developed daily promotional email blasts to an X amount of customers, leading to an increase of X% of sales"
Aug 13, 2006
832 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
You're not highlighting your tasks and results.

You need to tell the potential employer what you did and what did it achieve. You also need to really sell yourself. For example, "Designed and created customer relevant coupons that drove customer sales up 30% during promotional period"
Nov 19, 2011
4 posts
TORONTO
You have to scale you resume down, based on the target i.e. the job application. We don't want to know everything. I would say it's your personal draft, where you have all your XP with details and results.
[OP]
May 8, 2012
21 posts
Thanks for the comments guys!

I'm not really sure how much % sales increased with everyday daily eblasts. Should I make it up or just estimate?
And is that all what needs fixing in my resume? How about the summary points below my name? or structure?
[OP]
May 8, 2012
21 posts
I mean, is it okay to mix soft skills and hard skills together on the first part? Or should I separate them.