• Last Updated:
  • Sep 3rd, 2020 2:24 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2006
1789 posts
771 upvotes
London
Becks wrote: This thread has downvotes for no good reason: http://forums.redflagdeals.com/pegabo-l ... d-2354281/

Who r these members doing the downvoting? Do u acknowledge that these negative ppl who can hid behind anonymity have a deleterious effect on RFD member participation and morale?
For the record, I didn't downvote it, and never look in the fashion sub-forum.
I checked it out, out of curiosity.

My guess is that it received downvotes because it looks like it was written by a drunken monkey.
If people ask advice of others, they need to make an attempt at being coherent.
If you can't put a decent effort into the question, don't expect any more from the responses.

Added quote before the post is edited,
im new to buying dress shoes.only have one pair from sears from nun somethign
saw these in store on clearnace for 57. is it a good brand or would you guys recomend to spend more on something more reliable or better quality?

https://www.thebay.com/pegabo-hellain-l ... pegabo&N=0

i also got 30 bucks wrth of points to knock it off.
Jan 14, 2007
543 posts
175 upvotes
GTA North
Much like the up votes we receive showing under our profile when we post, perhaps the down votes we give could show as well.

This would show some accountability and stop the trolls.
The down voters name would not show on the thread they down voted but the down vote would as it does now.

Results would be (using post above ^^ as example)
arisk
Nov 12, 2006
1637 posts
650 upvotes
0 given downvotes
London

Vs

Troll
Feb 10, 2020
4 posts
0 upvotes
76 given downvotes
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
14155 posts
26578 upvotes
Scarborough
IMHIP2 wrote: Much like the up votes we receive showing under our profile when we post, perhaps the down votes we give could show as well.

This would show some accountability and stop the trolls.
The down voters name would not show on the thread they down voted but the down vote would as it does now.
To add a little perspective, there are virtually no active accounts with negative ratios. The vast majority have significantly higher upvotes given to downvotes given. Any account like your troll example are banned for being troll accounts.

We're still reviewing things but it's likely we'll remove downvotes from the non deal related forums because for the most part they don't make sense, and aren't used in the way we intended them to be. With downvotes only being available in the deal forums, we'll then consider showing down vote data to at least the OP, and possibly everyone.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2008
3396 posts
630 upvotes
416 REAL T-D0T not 9…
Lol at all these people stressing over these super valuable internet points. Image
[Signature removed due to rule violation]
Penalty Box
Jan 26, 2017
849 posts
896 upvotes
songanddance wrote: I agree with this.

My hunch is we have trolls who have unhappy inner lives and find power in what they can. In this case downvotes.

I say reveal them for who they are, but that’s the judge in me speaking.

Sam
So you suggest that those giving downvotes are trolls that are unhappy.
And now by you doing this thread seems to indicate you yourself are unhappy with these unhappy trolls.
Ok so let’s say you get your wish andit now show who is downvoting, and soooooo now what?! What r u going to do? LOL
Does this really really bother you so much that you dont know?
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2009
2043 posts
856 upvotes
Montreal
willdacanucker wrote: Lol at all these people stressing over these super valuable internet points. Image
This is a good business case, maybe RFD can start selling karmas.
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
19568 posts
4173 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
I don't really care about whether my posts get downvoted, but the lack of transparency just breeds downvotes as a form of trolling.

Normal Person + Audience + Anonymity = Troll
- Casual Gastronomist -
[OP]
Dec 7, 2019
386 posts
251 upvotes
Bebo123 wrote: So you suggest that those giving downvotes are trolls that are unhappy.
And now by you doing this thread seems to indicate you yourself are unhappy with these unhappy trolls.
Ok so let’s say you get your wish andit now show who is downvoting, and soooooo now what?! What r u going to do? LOL
Does this really really bother you so much that you dont know?
Yes, there are people who do so because they are unhappy, miserable gits, and some are just bored trolls.

Don’t get me wrong, there is a place for downvotes, and legitimate use of it* i.e. of course not everyone is per above, but why not just show who these people are. Anonymity breeds ..... ?

Sam

*Breeds a place where most people complain more than thank, and even the best deals or normal threads get at least two or three downvotes. And God forbid if someone generously shares a deal which posters don’t agree with, in come those miserly comments...!

As I said I’m not precious about votes, but some common sense, courtesy and basic transparency wouldn’t go astray. Otherwise don’t show upvotes either.
Be the change you want to see.
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2003
15210 posts
3924 upvotes
Markham
songanddance wrote: Who downvotes threads like this?

cra-uncashed-cheques-previous-years-fre ... 2357924/2/

Sam
There are not upvote or downvotes in Off topic section
96TB Mediasonic H82-SU3S2 / 72TB Raid 50 on Mediasonic H8R2-SU3S2
48TB Node 304 / i5-3570 / Server 2016 Essentials
12TB HP Mediasmart EX 495 (E8400, 3.0GHZ, 4GB Mushkin), with Server 2016 Essentials
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro
[OP]
Dec 7, 2019
386 posts
251 upvotes
Keigotw wrote: There are not upvote or downvotes in Off topic section
Was originally in Hot Deals with a few downvotes, mods must have just moved it.

Thanks,
Sam
Be the change you want to see.
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
18001 posts
5350 upvotes
Toronto
As long as they don't count towards the user, I don't see anything wrong with down voting SOMETHING because it just speaks to what the group (RFD) is thinking about a post.

I just take them personally LMAO
RedFlagDeals Addict
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2010
13633 posts
3690 upvotes
Montréal
It's just an annoying feature and losers take advantage of it. I've seen LOTS of threads get down voted for absolutely no *good* reason. Just remove this irritance. It's obvious RFD knows what's up hence only showing who ups but not who downs.

Anyway, it's a minor annoyance but who wants to see sad ppl voice their misguided opinions?
The richest 1% of this country owns half our country’s wealth, 5 trillion dollars, one-third of that comes from hard work, two-thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons, and what I do.. <find the rest>
May 18, 2018
353 posts
289 upvotes
I'm not going to downvote this topic but I will say I'm against it.