Orleans, ON

PLEX - Lifetime membership 25% off - not targeted

Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
25%
Expiry:
November 17, 2018
Usually Plex offers lifetime memberships at a discount only to targeted accounts...this is straight 25% off...

Text from email:
We’re THANKFUL for you!

Get geared up for the holidays! Thanksgiving is right around the corner and we are grateful for you! So, for a limited time, a Lifetime Plex Pass is yours for US $89.99*. Holiday travel is a breeze with Mobile Sync, just one of the features you get with your shiny new Plex Pass. You also get access to ALL premium Plex features, including Live TV & DVR, Movie Trailers & Extras, premium audio features, and lots more! This exclusive discount on a Lifetime Plex Pass is available now through 11:59 PM PT on Friday, November 16, 2018.
*Offer valid only on new subscriptions; not valid with any other offers. Does not apply to gift purchases. Price in USD. Exact pricing in other currencies may vary.

Redeem code: FLASH25OFF

US ad, appears to work on the Canadian site. Shows $119.99 CDN for me but I have not checked out yet
Last edited by dogbolter on Nov 15th, 2018 9:55 am, edited 3 times in total.
#melnykout
96 replies
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2014
5811 posts
2294 upvotes
Canuckland
The membership is pretty much useless without the app which is another $10
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2008
3046 posts
4193 upvotes
Langley, BC
DealCanuck wrote: The membership is pretty much useless without the app which is another $10
The app is free with the pass
Aug 9, 2016
111 posts
49 upvotes
DealCanuck wrote: The membership is pretty much useless without the app which is another $10
steven80 wrote: The app is free with the pass
I and definitely not useless if you have a home with multiple users. I got it last year for $75 though but I think that was a targeted promo.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2009
1826 posts
1082 upvotes
Kitchener
How do ppl find plex these day? I would have jumped on this last year... but now not so sure

Not sure if its just me but it seems to have gotten really bloated and laggy - both on computers, laptops, as well as nvidia shield.

Just seems like they have taken something that worked well and ruined it.

BTW: I have wiped the database and reinstalled apps many times and issues come back - Plex forums are filled with similar issues
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2007
2412 posts
710 upvotes
I have to say, the "player" in Plex is pretty crappy, the Kodi "player" runs circles around it, for whatever reason, not looking to start any conversation about the reasons why.
I also can't get subtitles to work regardless of what I do, and they work flawlessly in Kodi.

To some degree you're right, Plex degrading over time, I find they add useless "functionalities/features" instead of fine tuning/fixing their main features and player engine.

I really only implemented it 1) as a backup for Kodi (in particular for the FTV in which Amazon pulled Kodi from their store), 2) for the "pick up where you left off in the show, and 3) for being able to remotely view my library (in particular photos) from wherever I go.

I do find that the lifetime pass is an excellent deal especially discounted.

I run Plex server in a VM as their "releases" tend to hose working features, and running it in a VM allows me to snapshot the working version, apply the update, and if it hoses features I switch it back to the working version.
For those tech savy, I highly recommend implementing it this way (not to mention you can just back up the VM easily)
Mar 7, 2011
10 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto
sid8tive wrote: Worked for me.
My situation. I previously was paying for PlexPass yearly, and am still subscribed to April 2019. So I guess this applies: *Offer valid only on new subscriptions;
Dec 28, 2007
400 posts
56 upvotes
Waterloo
I use it daily, switched from XBMC (Kodi Now) when I got a chromecast and it didnt have an app. It's not great, but it works.

I wouldn't pay for Plex as it is, but I would pay for USEFUL features, like Google home integration.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2003
1556 posts
164 upvotes
Downtown Toronto
What features is everyone actually using that deems this worth buying?
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2004
4052 posts
509 upvotes
T.O.
ChiGGz wrote: What features is everyone actually using that deems this worth buying?
To have different user accounts if you share your library. This was the main reason for me.
Heatware: Link
HowardForums: Link
Jan 16, 2005
486 posts
179 upvotes
Hamilton
New subs only. So I'm still SoL after being a loyal plex pass sub for many years.

I've never gotten the promo email and even contacted them to get the deal, no dice.
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2007
2412 posts
710 upvotes
ChiGGz wrote: What features is everyone actually using that deems this worth buying?
Recording OTA (I have 2 x HD Homeruns)
Multiple Users
Remote access to your library
Play media where you last stopped it
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2003
1687 posts
149 upvotes
GVR
Waited patiently for the promo email and when finally came I didn't bother, to many unresolved issues.plex used to fix bugs ASAP now it takes months.eg: fire TV videos need to be started multiple times before playing, 8 months not fixed. Lots of examples..