$91 CAD
Savings:
25%
Expiry:
November 30, 2020
Retailer:
Plex
Plex is offering their 25% off deal again - coupon code: "HOLIDAYHELP"

"Available through 11:59 PM PT on November 30, 2020. Price may vary depending on location and currency."

I signed up for the lifetime pass with the previous 25% coupon code and with the country set as Brazil for $R 374,99, which is equal to about $91 CAD, but apparently YMMV for that one, as the system blocks certain credit cards.

I used my TD Visa Debit Card and it worked fine without using PayPal. My Rogers Mastercard wouldn't work at all after multiple attempts.

I think some people tried signing up with the last code, but it ended, so thought I would repost here. Apologies if this is a crap post.

Good luck, hope it works for everyone!

EDIT: CAD Equivalent Instead of USD*
Last edited by K3lvin on Nov 30th, 2020 6:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
48 replies
Mar 17, 2014
586 posts
260 upvotes
Vancouver
showing $119.99 CAD when i tried the code, good deal???
Feb 14, 2006
558 posts
499 upvotes
Hammonds Plains
congo80 wrote: showing $119.99 CAD when i tried the code, good deal???
70usd is just over 90cad.

Not saying it's a bad deal, but it's not 70usd. Should be 91cad with conversion
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2009
1625 posts
601 upvotes
Markham
if you change to using Brazil for payment, it'll be R$374,99 which comes to around 90ish CAD as well
https://imgur.com/a/d4GLVkC

Might be the same with USD? not sure...
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2015
1797 posts
1641 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Does the pass give you more channels than the free version?
😎Thanks RFD😎
Nov 10, 2014
21 posts
9 upvotes
Showing R499.99 for me

EDIT:
Nevermind, I wasn't following instructions. I used a VPN to go through Brazil. You need to select Brazil on the payment page.
Last edited by bigstink on Nov 30th, 2020 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 16, 2019
837 posts
922 upvotes
is this the famous plex people talk about when building plex servers?

I may just pull the trigger on the WD 8TB har drives at Costco, and eventually on a NAS. Dont really need this but lifetime membership for $91 seems hard to turn down?
Apr 28, 2015
28 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Thanks for posting OP. Have been paying their yearly membership for 5 years now, so about $300+ spent. Great program and love supporting companies like this, but could not turn this done. This deal works with Paypal (Canadian account). credited me the difference
Jan 20, 2007
774 posts
33 upvotes
Parrajara wrote: is this the famous plex people talk about when building plex servers?

I may just pull the trigger on the WD 8TB har drives at Costco, and eventually on a NAS. Dont really need this but lifetime membership for $91 seems hard to turn down?

There is a free version. You may want to try it before going for the paying version. The free version suits me.
Jan 13, 2013
470 posts
476 upvotes
Saguenay, QC
Thanks OP.

Worked with Brazil with my Tangerine Mastercard.

Jun 12, 2005
223 posts
202 upvotes
Worked for me by using credit card and changing the country to Brazil. Paypal wouldn't let me go through.
Sep 29, 2011
128 posts
102 upvotes
Quebec
Wow, thanks OP, that is the best price since a long time (from what I saw/remember).
Worked with Triangle MC
Dec 15, 2017
63 posts
29 upvotes
Nanaimo
morglum82 wrote: There is a free version. You may want to try it before going for the paying version. The free version suits me.
I feel like the free version suits me as well, but I am a recent convert from Kodi and only using for in home streaming via Fire Stick. Seems like the free version is all I need for now, but also curious if it's worth jumping on the lifetime pass now while the deal is available? What would be the top reason(s) to pay for the lifetime pass?
Deal Addict
May 2, 2010
3711 posts
3236 upvotes
Markham
Newbie question.
I have Netflix and Amazon Prime.
Is it worth spending $91 to get Plex TV?
All comments are welcome.
May 1, 2017
31 posts
67 upvotes
drdtyc wrote: Newbie question.
I have Netflix and Amazon Prime.
Is it worth spending $91 to get Plex TV?
All comments are welcome.
Try the free version, don't buy without even knowing what is plex about :/
Mar 17, 2014
586 posts
260 upvotes
Vancouver
BiggieWalls wrote: I feel like the free version suits me as well, but I am a recent convert from Kodi and only using for in home streaming via Fire Stick. Seems like the free version is all I need for now, but also curious if it's worth jumping on the lifetime pass now while the deal is available? What would be the top reason(s) to pay for the lifetime pass?
i have same question....what will be the benefit of the pro version of plex??? i know their website shows live TV, recording etc. but not sure if i can watch local news as part of live TV or just random live TVs from US networks.
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2008
3043 posts
1905 upvotes
Montreal
Plex doesn't give you channels from local networks.
This is the list of channels: https://www.windowsdispatch.com/channel ... streaming/

Mostly curated videos one after the other for most channels.. Some music, some older shows. It will allow you to use your own tuner and add it to plex to watch it across your devices.
It will also let you watch your own content across your devices.

I've been running my plex server and sharing with my family and friends on the free plan for a few years now and just got lifetime plex pass for hardware transcoding and just a few useful tools like plex dash which are definitely not necessary.
Deal Addict
Feb 2, 2010
1033 posts
869 upvotes
Parrajara wrote: is this the famous plex people talk about when building plex servers?

This is the boat I was in. I had played with Plex a little but was generally happy with Kodi on my android boxes. About 3 years ago they ran this same promotion for around the same price and I had a what-the-heck moment and bought the lifetime pass. I set it up at home about 2 years ago and haven't looked back. It's much slicker and more manageable than Kodi and allows me to let my kids watch only the movies I choose for them. My only issue with it is I find it very quirky when it comes to subtitles, but otherwise it's been a great investment. It is an annual thing, so if you don't plan on using it in the next year, you can likely wait an it will be back next year for around the same price.

EDIT: My setup includes a Synology NAS (which I am now using as a Plex server) and a fairly substantial library of titles, so my experience is limited to that scenario, YMMV.
Last edited by Tapout123 on Nov 30th, 2020 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2014
6072 posts
2427 upvotes
Canuckland
K3lvin wrote: Plex is offering their 25% off deal again - coupon code: "HOLIDAYHELP"

"Available through 11:59 PM PT on November 30, 2020. Price may vary depending on location and currency."

I signed up for the lifetime pass with the previous 25% coupon code and with the country set as Brazil for $R 374,99, which is equal to about $91 CAD, but apparently YMMV for that one, as the system blocks certain credit cards.

I used my TD Visa Debit Card and it worked fine without using PayPal. My Rogers Mastercard wouldn't work at all after multiple attempts.

I think some people tried signing up with the last code, but it ended, so thought I would repost here. Apologies if this is a crap post.

Good luck, hope it works for everyone!

EDIT: CAD Equivalent Instead of USD*
So you need a VPN?