Apr 4, 2007
28 posts
3 upvotes
Richmond

[NCIX] PM: Logitech MX5500 Revolution Mouse + Keyboard Combo

Just PM at Futureshop against NCIX:

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/prodde ... 543&catid=

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php? ... e=Logitech

Futureshop is selling at something like $220 while NCIX sells for $150. I live in the Vancouver where NCIX has a store (so no shipping fee), the sales offered me $140 and I was more than happy to take it
17 replies
Apr 22, 2009
636 posts
386 upvotes
Ottawa
This set is great!

I got it from Best Buy for about $120 tax-in a few months ago.

This is still a great price.
Deal Expert
Nov 11, 2004
62810 posts
362 upvotes
FTR, back in Mar. LD was selling this combo for only $80
http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/show ... p?t=717634

about a yr ago this was also selling for ~$100 tax AER at stooples
http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/show ... p?t=595466
MJM
- MJ = mahjong - a chinese game involving LOTS of strategy/skills and the smarts to win!
- M = maniac - just simply CRAZY about this game... i'd play it 24/7 if i had the time!

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'... here... I'll be waiting... for you... so if you come here... you'll find me... I promise..." - FF VIII - FAN of the FF series ever since the beginning.

PEPSI IPOD WINNER on xmas.... what a SWEET christmas present!
Aug 15, 2004
281 posts
11 upvotes
Edmonton
Thanks for reminding me of the great deal that i got in March. Using this m/k combo to enter this post. $55 all in for this is just so sweet. Gloat gloat gloat... yah... it feels good!
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2005
1379 posts
224 upvotes
London, ON
Got it at $55 too. Good deal, but not the best set. It loose connection sometimes :(
Aug 7, 2005
379 posts
2 upvotes
You guys make me feel bad... I got the Combo for $80 back in March :(
Deal Fanatic
Apr 15, 2009
5357 posts
3248 upvotes
M-Arkham
the op did get it at futureshop, he can always just return it.
2x Zoomer $36 for 5GB , 800min Can wide talk n unlimited txt
1x Fido $40 for 5GB w/ unlimited Can Wide txt/talk small plan(+3GB bonus )
[OP]
Apr 4, 2007
28 posts
3 upvotes
Richmond
Nice! You guys got it for so cheap. My keyboard died and I can't wait. This is a lesson for me to check the forum more often ;)
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2005
1381 posts
61 upvotes
I have a set too. Got it from staples over a year ago for $75 after taxes. I doesn't connect sometimes and the keyboard can go bonkers at times. but i really like it still.
Jan 9, 2008
221 posts
10 upvotes
Mine worked great for about a year...but then the keyboard started going to sleep after about 5 seconds of non-use. It was driving me crazy having to hit a key 3 times to get it to wake up everytime I wanted to type something!

The weird thing is it was an intermittent problem..it might work fine for a week then go wonky again for a while..

The mouse is awesome though still!
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2004
3350 posts
143 upvotes
Sherbrooke
Just call Logitech, they have great warranty service.
Jan 24, 2004
574 posts
12 upvotes
i don't think calling logitech and getting a replacement of the exact set would solve the issue of the unit sleeping or doing weird things..
it's the issue of bluetooh i believe.. that's why i don't understand why all the top keyboard/mouse combos from logitech all use bluetooth now.. i don't find it stable enough~ that's why i haven't bought a new keyboard/mouse set for a long time~ i recommend they go back to wireless..

i'm still using the MX3100 set.. imo.. the BEST set from logitech..
the first set i got was the MX700.. GREAT set.. then the MX3100 replaced that.. and now the MX5500 replaced that.. which i don't think is as good to due the lack of speed you can use the set at since it always sleeps/disconnects :(

too bad we can't find any new mx3100 sets anymore.. :cry:
HoFo B/S/T Feedback
My Heatware

Shuttle XPC SG45H7 | Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 2.8GHz | OCZ Platinum PC2-6400 2x 2GB | WD 1TB SATAII | WD 320GB SATAII |
LG GSA-H10A | Creative Audigy 2 | Panwest Lebeca Messenger Cam | Logitech MX3100 | Logitech Z-5500 | Dell S2309W |
May 28, 2005
856 posts
15 upvotes
Montreal
i have this set and i find that i made more typing mistake than other keyboards (with the exception MS natural keyboard...the curve one where it is splitted into 2). And i was always a fan of Logitech stuff especially mice but this one sometimes feels a little weird (especially if you're playing FPS games). I find using my laptop mouse Logitech VX nano much better.http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/mice_ ... 1&cl=ca,en
Deal Expert
Nov 11, 2004
62810 posts
362 upvotes
zickvon wrote: Got it at $55 too. Good deal, but not the best set. It loose connection sometimes :(
when/where at that price?

was it posted on RFD?
MJM
- MJ = mahjong - a chinese game involving LOTS of strategy/skills and the smarts to win!
- M = maniac - just simply CRAZY about this game... i'd play it 24/7 if i had the time!

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'... here... I'll be waiting... for you... so if you come here... you'll find me... I promise..." - FF VIII - FAN of the FF series ever since the beginning.

PEPSI IPOD WINNER on xmas.... what a SWEET christmas present!