Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2008
1555 posts
238 upvotes
St. John's

Pming Mikes Computer store Xbox game with FS/BB

Can I PM a game at mikes computer shop in BC, with a local FS/Best buy? cause i dont want to pay the shipping...or are they going to pm the price + the 7.99 shipping fee?

answers get thanks
8 replies
Feb 1, 2010
457 posts
23 upvotes
Never heard of anywhere pm-ing the cost of the item plus the shipping fee. Whether or not FS/BB will allow you to pm mikes in the first place is an entirely different matter.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2008
1555 posts
238 upvotes
St. John's
aaronl3e7 wrote: Never heard of anywhere pm-ing the cost of the item plus the shipping fee. Whether or not FS/BB will allow you to pm mikes in the first place is an entirely different matter.

ive tried pming (in the past) futureshop with newegg, and i think memoryexpress, they said they had to add next day shipping as it had to be "immediately available for purchase". Id like to hear others opinions on this. Mikes Computer shop is in BC so being a Canadian retailer I guess they would accept, I just want to know if I can argue and not get any "shipping" fee picking it up in store...
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2007
3036 posts
219 upvotes
Surrey
a1qwyx20 wrote: ive tried pming (in the past) futureshop with newegg, and i think memoryexpress, they said they had to add next day shipping as it had to be "immediately available for purchase". Id like to hear others opinions on this. Mikes Computer shop is in BC so being a Canadian retailer I guess they would accept, I just want to know if I can argue and not get any "shipping" fee picking it up in store...
What does the FS/BC web site say about their price match policy? I'm sure you'll get your answers there.

As for arguing that you won't pay shipping if you pick it up in store, the response could - and rightly so - be "well, you could always go there and pick it up in store." :cheesygri
Feb 1, 2010
457 posts
23 upvotes
a1qwyx20 wrote: ive tried pming (in the past) futureshop with newegg, and i think memoryexpress, they said they had to add next day shipping as it had to be "immediately available for purchase". Id like to hear others opinions on this. Mikes Computer shop is in BC so being a Canadian retailer I guess they would accept, I just want to know if I can argue and not get any "shipping" fee picking it up in store...

That just sounds like them being a-holes...
Jun 29, 2009
147 posts
11 upvotes
aaronl3e7 wrote: That just sounds like them being a-holes...

It's actually part of their price match policy:
Advertised prices must be in Canadian dollars. Products advertised on the web will be calculated to include all charges applicable for next-day delivery to your home address.
http://www.futureshop.ca/en-ca/help/our ... c8077.aspx

The policy also excludes items on clearance like the xbox 360 battlefield 3 listed on mikes computer store.
Feb 1, 2010
457 posts
23 upvotes
[QUOTE]Online – Call our Customer Service centre and provide the URL. Our Representative will then verify the item is in stock and available for immediate sale and delivery at the advertised price. We will beat the competitor’s price by 10% of the difference. Terms and conditions apply.[/QUOTE]

Most companies do not offer free shipping until a certain minimum purchase is reached.
If you PM'ed FS to BB for an online item under $25, would that mean they would have to charge you shipping for it too?
This is a stupid policy.
Dec 23, 2009
224 posts
46 upvotes
I shop at Mikes a fair bit these days and use Price Match often. The owner matches ( I find beats them by 1 - 3 dollars just to maintain CHEAPEST price ) the listed price - shipping has zero to do with it. Mikes has their own shipping policies and fees and are always separate from price matching which you will find is pretty much the same everywhere ( not matching shipping ). I live close to a Mikescomputer so shipping costs are not an issue from them - where as purchasing from other online stores such as ncix - newegg etc would add to the cost.

My latest

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php? ... omoid=1230 listed at 599.99 - shipping about 30 bucks

Mikes pricematched and beat it - 597.0 and no shipping fees as I used in store pick up.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)