Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Future Shop

PNY 32GB SDHC High Performance @ FS $49.99 PM w/TD.ca @ $20.99 YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 26th, 2014 9:57 am
[OP]
Mar 19, 2002
409 posts
248 upvotes
n7n1c1

[Future Shop] PNY 32GB SDHC High Performance @ FS $49.99 PM w/TD.ca @ $20.99 YMMV

Futureshop is selling this particular card for $49.99.
Tigerdirect.ca is selling for $20.99 ($5 discount already applied to their regular price).
I was successful in PM'ing this online last night ( i placed order for full price first, then called CS requesting PM). YMMV as they may add on shipping cost, in my case it wasn't.

I was looking for a flash card for my HD Camcorder and was leery about the Lexar branded (reviewers mention corruption for some particular models) ones that was on sale @ staples and currently on sale @ futureshop. I also had a $20 gift card to spend at Futureshop. Spec and price wise, this seemed to be the correct card for me.
I wont really know until i use it in my camcorder for compatibility and longevity but some amazon reviews seem positive. Their was also a reviewer that used it in the same camcorder as the one i own, Canon HF-R200 and didn't have compatibility issue.
Heatware Reference Tyger
16 replies
Oct 6, 2008
189 posts
49 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP. Sucessfully PM'ed exactly the way you did it!
Jun 18, 2010
522 posts
128 upvotes
GTA
Thank you, I also successfully PMed using your method
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2013
1444 posts
886 upvotes
Scarborough
I've tried PM, but I had to pay for the shipping, which killed the deal, now I have to wait for the order to arrive, for returning it :( .
Deal Addict
Mar 6, 2002
2167 posts
10 upvotes
Stratford, Ontario
I did the price PM , They didn't say anything about shipping charges , So I will have to wait to it comes in and see.
May 10, 2013
877 posts
299 upvotes
hang up wait for few minutes then try again hoping to get different rep.

For those who were able to do the PM, how much was the total charged on your bank? I got charged $24 and i am at SK. I don't know how the guy did the math.
igob8a wrote: If the PM fails can you just hang up and try again with another rep? Or do they keep track of each call and log denied PMs for your order?
Deal Guru
Jun 18, 2012
10564 posts
5207 upvotes
Toronto
if they complain about shipping tell them you could get it locally from a nearby TD store for the same price.
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2009
2247 posts
909 upvotes
igob8a wrote: If the PM fails can you just hang up and try again with another rep? Or do they keep track of each call and log denied PMs for your order?
Call and ask them to verify whether the item is eligible for PM and how much it will come to.

If PM fails or they try slapping on shipping, tell them you'll think about it and call back a few minutes later for a new rep.

When one finally agrees/gives you the price w/o shipping, ask them to stay on the phone while you place the order.

If you order first, give them the order #, and then ask for them to verify the price/PM eligibility, they'll leave a note under your account concerning the failed PM, making the next rep less likely to PM when you call back.
Feb 1, 2007
154 posts
44 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP, phoned in first before doing the online order and got PM done. Had some trouble with the site not recognizing my postal code but the rep fixed it for me.
May 10, 2013
877 posts
299 upvotes
How much total cost?
dickydoo wrote: Thanks OP, phoned in first before doing the online order and got PM done. Had some trouble with the site not recognizing my postal code but the rep fixed it for me.
Feb 1, 2007
154 posts
44 upvotes
Toronto
I got 10% off the price difference (49.99-20.99=$29), so 20.99-2.9=

$18.09 before taxes. I got 2.
May 10, 2013
877 posts
299 upvotes
dickydoo wrote: I got 10% off the price difference (49.99-20.99=$29), so 20.99-2.9=

$18.09 before taxes. I got 2.
That should be right. Mine was $24 taxes in. Thanks!
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2013
1444 posts
886 upvotes
Scarborough
So it seems I'm the sucker here, I've done the PM over the email, and the representative made me pay the shipping, know I'll return I hope I will receive my money back (all of them - at least that's what the rep told me when I wanted to cancel the order) :( .
Deal Addict
Mar 6, 2002
2167 posts
10 upvotes
Stratford, Ontario
iioonneell wrote: So it seems I'm the sucker here, I've done the PM over the email, and the representative made me pay the shipping, know I'll return I hope I will receive my money back (all of them - at least that's what the rep told me when I wanted to cancel the order) :( .
did you phone or do by email , I see thats what every else phoned.