• Nov 25th, 2021 9:17 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 22, 2005
3142 posts
688 upvotes

PoE IP Cameras

Does RFD have a preferred vendor that sells and mounts Hikvision cameras? You guys have been very helpful in locating trusted people in the past, was hoping for another great suggestion.

I've been trying to get quotes, but vendors will either refuse to provide model numbers of equipment being offered, avoid clear answers if asked whether the equipment is "Canadian market" for firmware updates, stop responding almost immediately, or try to bait into buying another brand of equipment (eg. Dahua, Swann).

Looking for: 1 x 4-channel NVR, 4 x 8MP cameras (ideally ColorVu for at least 1 of them), located in West GTA.

Thanks!
3 replies
Deal Guru
Mar 13, 2004
13101 posts
4705 upvotes
Ontario
Take a look at this thread here - hikvision-security-camera-equipment-2187725/
There is a reliable seller - https://www.aliexpress.com/store/524626 ... 2e0eXCyf5l on Aliexpress that a bunch of us have bought Hikvision equipment from with great results. I got an NVR & 3 4K cameras about 2 years ago I think give or take and they have been amazing. Its much cheaper then buying locally. Then you can install yourself or hire somebody to install.

If however you rather buy locally and have a company install them for you then check out https://www.kunsten.ca/ They sell Hikvision and do installs also, they are pretty good.

Jayhoo wrote: Does RFD have a preferred vendor that sells and mounts Hikvision cameras? You guys have been very helpful in locating trusted people in the past, was hoping for another great suggestion.

I've been trying to get quotes, but vendors will either refuse to provide model numbers of equipment being offered, avoid clear answers if asked whether the equipment is "Canadian market" for firmware updates, stop responding almost immediately, or try to bait into buying another brand of equipment (eg. Dahua, Swann).

Looking for: 1 x 4-channel NVR, 4 x 8MP cameras (ideally ColorVu for at least 1 of them), located in West GTA.

Thanks!
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 22, 2005
3142 posts
688 upvotes
sickcars wrote: Take a look at this thread here - hikvision-security-camera-equipment-2187725/
There is a reliable seller - https://www.aliexpress.com/store/524626 ... 2e0eXCyf5l on Aliexpress that a bunch of us have bought Hikvision equipment from with great results. I got an NVR & 3 4K cameras about 2 years ago I think give or take and they have been amazing. Its much cheaper then buying locally. Then you can install yourself or hire somebody to install.

If however you rather buy locally and have a company install them for you then check out https://www.kunsten.ca/ They sell Hikvision and do installs also, they are pretty good.
Thanks for that. I actually did some reading through that thread and that's when I started asking whether the equipment being sold was meant for the Canadian Market - Seems support and warranty are iffy if you don't buy from an authorized reseller for the geographical location? Thanks for the vendor suggestions. Without breaking the bank, is there a recommended model of colourvu camera that is more recommended than others? I recall reading that control of white LED spotlight seems to disappear in the later firmwares.
Deal Guru
Mar 13, 2004
13101 posts
4705 upvotes
Ontario
So I believe these are international versions of their equipment, so warranty would need to come from the seller instead of hikvision I would think but not sure.
I have not used hikvision Colouvu before but I have sued another brand in the past and I did not really like it. The reason is that you need some sort of light in the area for it to work properly or else it will just turn to black/white. So if you put on in the front of your house and leave your porch light on then yes you will have color but if its darker with only a street light then it may not work properly. Mind you I used this technology about2 years ago so things may have improved by now but keep that in mind as you look more into it.
Jayhoo wrote: Thanks for that. I actually did some reading through that thread and that's when I started asking whether the equipment being sold was meant for the Canadian Market - Seems support and warranty are iffy if you don't buy from an authorized reseller for the geographical location? Thanks for the vendor suggestions. Without breaking the bank, is there a recommended model of colourvu camera that is more recommended than others? I recall reading that control of white LED spotlight seems to disappear in the later firmwares.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)