1066 upvotes
Dartmouth, NS
good price for one of these new.

excellent office chair
Nov 22, 2012
15 posts
17 upvotes
South Esk
Nice deal for those without a nice office chair. Got a Herman Miller embody several months ago and have not regretted it in the slightest - really an investment in your health.
Jul 19, 2018
160 posts
246 upvotes
I was lucky and got mine for $100 used, but I have to say if you can afford it it's so worth it. I used think it was normal to start feeling pain and aches in whatever budget chairs I had over the years after a couple of hours of sitting but I honestly can sit in my Leap V2 for 12+ hours without pain. It is a massive splurge new though. FWIW I used to sit in an Aeron at work and compared to the Leap V2 I found the Aeron slightly more comfortable. that said with the Aeron you need to worry about sizing. The Aeron in their medium hurt for me, but the large felt amazing. I'd feel more comfortable buying a one size fits all Leap vs an Aeron online, and the comfort difference really is marginal, and imo the Leap is built better (anecdotal).
[OP]
Jan 22, 2018
8 posts
15 upvotes
100 is so cheap even for an used one. It normally goes to 500 or 600 in an used chair store.
ohwowhi wrote: I was lucky and got mine for $100 used, but I have to say if you can afford it it's so worth it. I used think it was normal to start feeling pain and aches in whatever budget chairs I had over the years after a couple of hours of sitting but I honestly can sit in my Leap V2 for 12+ hours without pain. It is a massive splurge new though. FWIW I used to sit in an Aeron at work and compared to the Leap V2 I found the Aeron slightly more comfortable. that said with the Aeron you need to worry about sizing. The Aeron in their medium hurt for me, but the large felt amazing. I'd feel more comfortable buying a one size fits all Leap vs an Aeron online, and the comfort difference really is marginal, and imo the Leap is built better (anecdotal).
Nov 23, 2004
551 posts
846 upvotes
Ontario
Worth every penny! Like they say investing in a quality mattress is important because we spend a third of our lives sleeping, most office workers overlook that they spend another third of their lives sitting in an office chair so investing in a quality one is just as important as a quality mattress in my personal opinion. I have far less back pain working from home now in my Leap everyday than I ever did working at the office in a "run of the mill" office chair - I can dial it in just perfectly to my body and support needs.
May 26, 2013
87 posts
79 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
ohwowhi wrote: I was lucky and got mine for $100 used, but I have to say if you can afford it it's so worth it. I used think it was normal to start feeling pain and aches in whatever budget chairs I had over the years after a couple of hours of sitting but I honestly can sit in my Leap V2 for 12+ hours without pain. It is a massive splurge new though. FWIW I used to sit in an Aeron at work and compared to the Leap V2 I found the Aeron slightly more comfortable. that said with the Aeron you need to worry about sizing. The Aeron in their medium hurt for me, but the large felt amazing. I'd feel more comfortable buying a one size fits all Leap vs an Aeron online, and the comfort difference really is marginal, and imo the Leap is built better (anecdotal).
I have a Steelcase Leap v1, and got it for $200 and thought it was a red hot deal. The chair is ~10 years old and it as good as the day i got it.
Oct 5, 2008
530 posts
530 upvotes
GTA
Something tells me a lot of businesses will be selling off their excess office furniture soon, if they're not already.
Deal Expert
Dec 1, 2003
20900 posts
3354 upvotes
YUL
I remember pre-pandemic I was on the fence about a guy on FB Marketplace selling one for $280 in mint condition for a v2. Stupid me should have bought it.Doh.
Jul 19, 2018
160 posts
246 upvotes
darn2002 wrote: 100 is so cheap even for an used one. It normally goes to 500 or 600 in an used chair store.
Yeah it came up on Kijiji for $100 and I drove 5 hours the next morning to pick it up. The guy was cleaning out his parents shed and selling everything in it. He said he knew it was a nice chair but wasn't sure on the specifics.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
2166 posts
375 upvotes
Kitchener-Waterloo, …
Really wish I had seen the $699 deal, $849 is too steep for me. I could use a new office chair now that we're working from home.
Nov 7, 2017
288 posts
559 upvotes
Switching to the Aeron because the cushion just didn't last that long for me :S.
May 13, 2015
766 posts
1066 upvotes
Dartmouth, NS
I paid $350 for a used one recently... but I live in Nova Scotia now where the used market sucks. But it was in very good condition. Figured if I didn't buy it, I might not get another chance for a long time.

About two weeks ago, I got a used Steelcase Criterion for $30. Also very good condition with everything working. While the Criterion doesn't look nearly as good as my Leap v2, I would say that it's almost on par in terms of comfort. The adjustable back height is a very nice feature on that one.

The person who sold it to me knew it was a Steelcase chair... but since it doesn't look like anything special, he probably didn't think he could charge much for it. It was clear that the previous owner hadn't adjusted it properly (the back recline knob was set to the loosest, so it would lean back to the max). Once I went through and set it up correctly, it's a really comfortable ergonomic chair.