POI.ca

Steelcase leap v2 $849

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 11th, 2020 4:34 pm
Deal Fanatic
Aug 31, 2010
5331 posts
3319 upvotes
mindabsence wrote: Interesting! I emailed Steelcase and told them I bought a chair second hand and was curious if/how I could do a warranty claim since it still showed as having some remaining. They directed me to the local warranty centre, who I told the same story to, and two days later someone came out to fix it. Never once asked for proof of purchase or anything, and was fully transparent about not being original owner.

Edit: clarifying that I was asked for serial number, but not proof of purchase.
haha that's awesome - lucky you. Definitely a YMMV scenario though, I'm sure.. but good to know there's hope!
Nov 11, 2019
38 posts
75 upvotes
mindabsence wrote: Got mine for 250 on Kijiji and still had warranty left (which I did use to fix something small that wasn't critical to the operation of the chair, but was still worthy of fixing considering there was warranty remaining to do so).
Unreal, are people actually moving these at these prices, in this condition? Maybe they are just posting them high so they can negotiate down.

I’ve been eyeing nice used office chairs (Herman Miller, Steelcase, Humanscale, Autonomous) in my area and approx asking price is around $400. I also regret not jumping on some too.

I keep hearing about horror stories about bed bugs. I’d probably avoid buying a fabric or cushioned pre-owned myself.
Sep 8, 2016
182 posts
117 upvotes
Toronto
RandomSanity wrote: Really wish I had seen the $699 deal, $849 is too steep for me. I could use a new office chair now that we're working from home.
Poi sell used steelcase chairs. I got a like new steelcase think chair for $350 from them. It’s still better than chairs you can get at Staples.
Aug 5, 2008
251 posts
126 upvotes
0Sense wrote: Switching to the Aeron because the cushion just didn't last that long for me :S.
How long did you have the chair for?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 14, 2006
9802 posts
1186 upvotes
I just purchased my preowned Leap V2 from Track Office Furniture in Markham... a lot of chairs, just make sure when you buy you go through everything on the chair. They sell them in black for 450, reupholstered for 500.

Either you wait for a Kijiji deal or just get it done and go to a preowned shop. These guys are just one of many.

849 for new is still good, but when I saw that it was previously 699 I just decided to go used.
Last edited by mcg on Sep 24th, 2020 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 7, 2017
490 posts
261 upvotes
I am sitting in Steelcase Leap V1 right now. I think the v2 version would be similar. Compared to the Aeron Size B, Embody and ErgoCentric Extra High Back that I've sat in, I really miss the centre-tilt/multi-tilt rocking motion. I also want a chair where I can rest my head (but I didn't buy a headrest for my leap as it looks very flimsy).

Everyone's seating posture and size is different. I would suggest trying out the chair before buying.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2015
4448 posts
4698 upvotes
Alberta
Great chair. I have the same one in my office at work.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
2435 posts
863 upvotes
Kitchener-Waterloo, …
jenn17 wrote: Poi sell used steelcase chairs. I got a like new steelcase think chair for $350 from them. It’s still better than chairs you can get at Staples.
Thanks! Did you just contact them and inquire about purchasing a used chair? I'll reach out to them and see if they have any available, as I didn't see anything regarding used furniture on their website.
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2011
1896 posts
1276 upvotes
Vancouver
Siward44 wrote: I am sitting in Steelcase Leap V1 right now. I think the v2 version would be similar. Compared to the Aeron Size B, Embody and ErgoCentric Extra High Back that I've sat in, I really miss the centre-tilt/multi-tilt rocking motion. I also want a chair where I can rest my head (but I didn't buy a headrest for my leap as it looks very flimsy).

Everyone's seating posture and size is different. I would suggest trying out the chair before buying.
I got the headrest on my leap v2, it has a good spring to it but it's not delicate. I've fallen asleep in my chair before (home office) and I don't try to baby the headrest by leaning back slowly or anything. I've had it for like 10 years.

Agreed, chairs are like shoes, there is no single solution for everyone.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2008
1976 posts
956 upvotes
Home
Have a V1 used, great chair, paid a fraction of new. Used is obviously best price if they're available in your area.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
3138 posts
6403 upvotes
I asked them to match the $699 price in August but they wouldn't budge, they didn't even want to entertain a group buy.
I ended up ordering one instead of the embody on the GB because I have sat on these chairs for thousands of hours vs the embody which I only demoed for a little while.
Had Mirras and Aerons at a previous workplace which I liked but the leap feels better IMO.
May 4, 2016
45 posts
12 upvotes
kimwoobingsu wrote: I asked them to match the $699 price in August but they wouldn't budge, they didn't even want to entertain a group buy.
I ended up ordering one instead of the embody on the GB because I have sat on these chairs for thousands of hours vs the embody which I only demoed for a little while.
Had Mirras and Aerons at a previous workplace which I liked but the leap feels better IMO.
Hi, curious about how you made the order ? I spoke with an operator in the chat and I've also filled the form with all my information. They did not contact me and when I try the chat, they always ask the same generic questions.

How did you proceed to buy the chair ?

Thanks !
Feb 18, 2016
13 posts
17 upvotes
Niitro wrote: Hi, curious about how you made the order ? I spoke with an operator in the chat and I've also filled the form with all my information. They did not contact me and when I try the chat, they always ask the same generic questions.

Thanks !

I gave them a call and booked an appointment at the closest showroom, purchased in person :)
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
3138 posts
6403 upvotes
Niitro wrote: Hi, curious about how you made the order ? I spoke with an operator in the chat and I've also filled the form with all my information. They did not contact me and when I try the chat, they always ask the same generic questions.

Thanks !
My friend gets a discount on these through his work (also with POI for some reason), and although the pricing isn't as good as the $699 they had at the beginning of the year, it was close. They have their own contact people handling the business account I think, but the process is SLOWwwww took a month start to finish.
Sep 16, 2012
699 posts
559 upvotes
GTA/London
Ordered my Leap from POI back in June, it's a great chair (little warm though!). Takes some time to set it up properly, be advised the POI sales contact will take a while to get back to you.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2005
5811 posts
2781 upvotes
Germany
Leap V2 ordered. Going to do a three-way shootout between this, the Embody and Kinn.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
3138 posts
6403 upvotes
unshavenyak wrote: Leap V2 ordered. Going to do a three-way shootout between this, the Embody and Kinn.
If you made a youtube video on your review you could make $$$.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2005
5811 posts
2781 upvotes
Germany
kimwoobingsu wrote: If you made a youtube video on your review you could make $$$.
So far, the packaging is...interesting. Yes, that is a Soju box protecting the centre of the base.
IMG_2216.jpg

Edit: Yeah, my wife said the same thing about doing reviews because of how much crap I've purchased in the last few years, but a Youtube personality is just not my thing. Plus, it's going to be a month before the Embody arrives.
Aug 17, 2013
23 posts
31 upvotes
Toronto
Got this in May from POI for $799 plus HST. Picked it up myself, fit easily in the back seat of my car. Was WFH at the kitchen table which is a couple of inches too high and eventually developed constant back and shoulder pain. Checked the internet on the basics of proper ergonomic setup. Bought a footstool. Took a couple of days to find the right settings. Finally, I set the resistance a bit firmer when leaning back and my back pain disappeared by the end of the day and has been good ever since. In my view, if you are not working for yourself, your Company should be covering some or all of the cost of this. (My large chair from the office would not not fit, and my Wife said that if I brought it home, I would not fit either). Still working on that.