Pokemon cards

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 30th, 2021 5:07 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2019
1194 posts
231 upvotes

Pokemon cards

Where do you buy reasonably priced Pokemon cards for kids?

My kids are getting tired of the packs at Dollarama, but I'm at a loss as to where else to get decent cards. My 9 year old recently spent his own money on a 3 booster pack for $30 from Amazon and was really excited, but he didn't get as many good cards as he was hoping for and it broke his little heart.

I know I can get individual cards from reputable eBay sellers but we're not really at that stage yet. They want to open packages and show them off, not really play or complete sets. My younger two kids just want ones that are cute. In my own searches it seems individual packs are $6-10, blister packs are $30 but many varieties are OOS at places like Toysrus.ca or Indigo, and the most popular sellers on Amazon are acknowledged fakes. Where else should I be looking?
3 replies
Dec 12, 2005
984 posts
398 upvotes
Richmond
If you have Facebook, check Facebook Marketplace or kids buy/ sell group. Also, if you know kids who are into the card, maybe initiate a trade with them. Couple years ago,
Deal Expert
Jun 9, 2003
25310 posts
2536 upvotes
Markham, ON
unfortunately this is not a good time for pokemon cards opening...the entire experience in the past 6 months has gone mainstream.
streamers/tubers, are defn the ones to blame...and probably the whole quarantine situation.

you use to be able to get old packs from Costco...but its been sold out for the past 2 months.
It's so bad, Toysrus and Walmart has supply issues.

unfortunately its a sellers market at the moment.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2019
1194 posts
231 upvotes
Thanks for the responses. My kids do trade a little with other kids in the neighbourhood but they like the experience of opening new packs, sorting them into their binders, etc. It does feel like supplies are not keeping up with demand. They may have to live with Dollarama packs for a while longer.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)