• Last Updated:
  • Dec 14th, 2017 3:26 pm
[OP]
Dec 14, 2007
135 posts
2 upvotes

Political commentator Stephen LeDrew suspended for appearance on Fox News

https://globalnews.ca/news/3892190/poli ... ppearance/

Toronto’s all-news channel CP24 host and political commentator Stephen LeDrew has been suspended for one week after an appearance on Fox News’ Tucker Carlson Tonight on Wednesday, where he discussed LGBTQ2 issues in Canada.

LeDrew was suspended “as the result of his violation of the CTV News Policy and Code of Conduct,” according to Scott Henderson, spokesperson for Bell Media, which owns both CTV and CP24.

In the eight-minute long segment, LeDrew and Tucker Carlson discuss school diversity training in regards to the LGBTQ2 community, with specific regard to the acronym LGGBDTTTIQQAAPP.

At one point, Carlson asked the former Toronto mayoral candidate and former president of Canada’s Liberal party to define the term “two-spirited,” which refers to a person who has both a masculine and feminine spirit, and is used by some First Nations people to describe their sexual, gender and/or spiritual identity.

“Two-spirit sounds like there’s someone they don’t know whether they are fish or fowl, they don’t know whether they are frick or frack — so they’re clearly confused,” LeDrew said.

His response has since drawn criticism from across social media.

Speaking to Global News, LeDrew maintained that his suspension came as a result of not getting permission in advance from his employer to appear on the show.

LeDrew said Bell Media did not have concerns regarding any specific comments he made during his appearance.

The suspension will last for one week, effective Friday, Dec. 1.
I give up.
14 replies
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2013
9218 posts
526 upvotes
Typical fox news and their weak reasoning.

Just because a person doesnt know what each word stands for that means it shouldnt be judged whether its good or not?.

I dont know how my body breaks down the broccoli I ate but I know its good for me.
TORONTO RAPTORS IS THE 2019 NBA CHAMPIONS
Deal Addict
May 22, 2016
1998 posts
454 upvotes
Ontario
I also have no idea what they were talking about. Poor guy. How is anybody supposed to know all these acronyms. Its out of control!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2010
2951 posts
1461 upvotes
Burlington
Neon8000 wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 1:46 am
https://globalnews.ca/news/3892190/poli ... ppearance/

Toronto’s all-news channel CP24 host and political commentator Stephen LeDrew has been suspended for one week after an appearance on Fox News’ Tucker Carlson Tonight on Wednesday, where he discussed LGBTQ2 issues in Canada.

LeDrew was suspended “as the result of his violation of the CTV News Policy and Code of Conduct,” according to Scott Henderson, spokesperson for Bell Media, which owns both CTV and CP24.

In the eight-minute long segment, LeDrew and Tucker Carlson discuss school diversity training in regards to the LGBTQ2 community, with specific regard to the acronym LGGBDTTTIQQAAPP.

At one point, Carlson asked the former Toronto mayoral candidate and former president of Canada’s Liberal party to define the term “two-spirited,” which refers to a person who has both a masculine and feminine spirit, and is used by some First Nations people to describe their sexual, gender and/or spiritual identity.

“Two-spirit sounds like there’s someone they don’t know whether they are fish or fowl, they don’t know whether they are frick or frack — so they’re clearly confused,” LeDrew said.

His response has since drawn criticism from across social media.

Speaking to Global News, LeDrew maintained that his suspension came as a result of not getting permission in advance from his employer to appear on the show.

LeDrew said Bell Media did not have concerns regarding any specific comments he made during his appearance.

The suspension will last for one week, effective Friday, Dec. 1.
Is that for real?
Deal Expert
Nov 15, 2004
17508 posts
2862 upvotes
Toronto
Neon8000 wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 1:46 am
At what point do we stop adding letters, call it a day, and just rename the whole thing to "NS" for 'not straight'? Or "NH"?

I'm not trying to be offensive. It just seems that those two letters are a much more inclusive term that better represents the membership of these groups.
Could HAVE, not could OF. What does 'could of' even mean?
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2012
4671 posts
577 upvotes
Ottawa
Piro21 wrote:
Dec 4th, 2017 11:44 am
At what point do we stop adding letters, call it a day, and just rename the whole thing to "NS" for 'not straight'? Or "NH"?

I'm not trying to be offensive. It just seems that those two letters are a much more inclusive term that better represents the membership of these groups.
I think there needs to be a unified name. Unfortunately, it's a difficult one because we can't make it sound via implication like identifying with your birth gender and being attracted to the opposite sex is the "normal" one.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2010
5909 posts
2635 upvotes
Piro21 wrote:
Dec 4th, 2017 11:44 am

It will be complete when they add "EIEIO" at the end and sing a rousing rendition of Ol' McDonald had a farm. :rolleyes:

But, yes, it has gotten ridiculous. How can they possibly expect average people to have the foggiest idea what that string of letters stands for?
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2014
3060 posts
442 upvotes
Oshawa, ON
I watched this interview and laughed so hard. This idiot ranted about how Canada is so non-judgmental and kept doubling down on it. He gets off the air and takes reality square in the face. What a fool lol. Stupid SJW deserves all the bad that he's embracing.
signature removed for inappropriate content
Deal Addict
May 22, 2016
1998 posts
454 upvotes
Ontario
CP24 fired him. There is going to be nobody left on Bell owned TV stations.
Deal Guru
Jul 7, 2007
10076 posts
1165 upvotes
it's pretty sad he was fired for his opinion.

'tis the world we live in, I guess.
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
22812 posts
2687 upvotes
Montreal
kingofwale wrote:
Dec 12th, 2017 12:52 am
it's pretty sad he was fired for his opinion.

'tis the world we live in, I guess.
Was he fired for his opinion, or for violating terms of his contract?
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2006
3153 posts
207 upvotes
mr_raider wrote:
Dec 12th, 2017 8:05 am
Was he fired for his opinion, or for violating terms of his contract?
He was big mouth just filling that time slot.
“There are some things money can’t buy, and for everything else there’s MasterCard. Well, get out your checkbooks ladies and gentlemen, because it seems like the entire liberal cabinet can be bought. TRUDEAU: I CAN’T BE BOUGHT...LMAO. Because its 2017
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
15920 posts
3020 upvotes
Toronto
Oh man, this is a bad situation.

It's a shame that we simply don't like saying, "I Don't Know" ... instead, he was put on the spot and tried to answer a question he didn't have the answer to and now he's getting backlash about his answer.

This is a shame, I liked his personality at noon on cp24
RedFlagDeals addict
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
17722 posts
1757 upvotes
Space for rent
It seems like people are getting canned left right and centre. The work place is such a hostile, even predatorial environment. People are very opportunistic and we should all be very guarded about what we say in the work place because our livelihood is always at stake, moreso in these tulmutuous times.
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2006
3153 posts
207 upvotes
Stephen LeDrew calls reasons for his firing from CP24 ‘baloney’

Former co-host of Live at Noon says his termination was unrelated to his comments on two-spirited people.
Stephen LeDrew, co-host of Live at Noon on CP24 before he was fired this week by the network, says he was terminated for reasons he called “ridiculous” and “baloney.”

The political commentator said he was fired Monday following a week-long suspension after he went on the Fox News program Tucker Carlson Tonight. The appearance included a discussion that questioned an extended acronym for the queer community used in education inclusivity training.

LeDrew sparked heated criticism on social media for his remarks about those who identify as two-spirited — an Indigenous term for someone embodying both a masculine and feminine spirit — who he said were “clearly confused.”
he hurt someones ego at Bell media?
“There are some things money can’t buy, and for everything else there’s MasterCard. Well, get out your checkbooks ladies and gentlemen, because it seems like the entire liberal cabinet can be bought. TRUDEAU: I CAN’T BE BOUGHT...LMAO. Because its 2017