Automotive

[Pontiac Vibe 04'] Would you have bothered to repair this car? Post-accident damage photos

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 5th, 2020 1:25 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2004
1352 posts
88 upvotes

[Pontiac Vibe 04'] Would you have bothered to repair this car? Post-accident damage photos

This is from a few years ago, but I am still kicking myself for possibly having given up on it too easily... the car had cost me $5K and was VERY low maintenance otherwise.

Needless to say there was no comprehensive insurance on it so there was no salvage value paid out to me when the accident occurred.

I still miss the car to this day, which is something that I never understood about owner-car bonding before I had purchased it.

[Call To Action] ✈ New air travel rules: Canadians are in for a rude awakening🍁

Thank You RFD Community! 🤘
2019: 📶Umidigi A5 Pro, 📱PayTM, 🏧HSBC, 💸Coast Capital, 🚗Turo, 💳Stack Financial, 🍽SkipTheDishes, 🍷LCBO, ✈RBC WestJet
25 replies
Dec 16, 2008
928 posts
380 upvotes
Richmond Hill
That frame in the third picture to me seems the car is done.
Deal Expert
Jun 12, 2007
15080 posts
4362 upvotes
London
SOL, that car is toasted
Deal Guru
Jan 15, 2006
14327 posts
11468 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Toast. Heavy structural damage. Did you wrap a pole?
Deal Guru
Jul 12, 2003
10923 posts
3207 upvotes
Toronto
Frame damaged. It is done.
Even just the door and and windshield, it is not probably not worth putting money to bring a 16 yrs old Vibe on the road.

RIP and move on.
Retired Forum Moderator February 2009 - June 2015
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2005
3603 posts
2710 upvotes
Ottawa
This happened to OP from a few years ago, not recently. There is no way OP can "save" it, absolutely not worth it to make it work and probably the only way to kill a "Rolla"! Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes

If you keep on looking, you would probably find some other older and low maintenance cars out there. This is just a Corolla with a Pontiac box on it.
Mar 9, 2014
887 posts
484 upvotes
Ottawa
The cost to repair would have easily outweighed what you paid even if there wasn't frame damage. Do not resuscitate
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2002
2389 posts
999 upvotes
Pickup a matrix and get over the ex.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 15, 2005
5389 posts
930 upvotes
If I saw a Pontiac Vibe in pristine condition I would still scrap it to save the eyes of any poor soul who may have to see it on an actual road.
Deal Expert
May 14, 2007
15113 posts
2235 upvotes
Scarborough / Markha…
Ziggy007 wrote: If I saw a Pontiac Vibe in pristine condition I would still scrap it to save the eyes of any poor soul who may have to see it on an actual road.
One cannot simply kill a Toyota corolla wagon with Pontiac badges :razz:

OP, like everyone else has said. It was too far gone for what it's worth.
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2017
3443 posts
3525 upvotes
GTA
How would this have been a comprehensive claim? Did a tree fall on it or something?

If it was an at-fault accident, and you didn't get a payout, that means you didn't have collision coverage.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2009
1475 posts
342 upvotes
cristianosham wrote: OP was trying to impress the ladies and lost control.
Should have had a beige corolla, ladies melt in Markham when they see that.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2007
3299 posts
464 upvotes
GTA
Already been said, but definitely not worth saving. What did you replace it with?
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2013
2325 posts
1584 upvotes
Markham
Ziggy007 wrote: If I saw a Pontiac Vibe in pristine condition I would still scrap it to save the eyes of any poor soul who may have to see it on an actual road.
There are far better cars to do that to with than a Vibe. I mean there are Nissan Jukes after all.