Tags:
[OP]
Jul 22, 2015
679 posts
247 upvotes
Ontario

Pool Liner Has Bubbled

Hi all,

We just got a new in ground pool and as a first time pool owner, I don't know if this is something to be concerned about. The liner was installed over the steps on Friday and it seems like it wasn't a snug fit and now there's bubbling. The installer says it will go away with the pressure of the water on top of it. I've attached 2 pics of what the bubbling looks like. Should I be concerned?
Images
  • IMG_20200725_1245139.jpg
  • IMG_20200725_1244383.jpg
5 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
4212 posts
3336 upvotes
KINGSTON,ON
Looks like there is no water in pool atm. In full sun, and at the temperatures were are experiencing, the liner has probably expanded. I'm not a pool expert, but I'd agree with the installer. My only concern would be the possibility of a wrinkle forming where the bubble was. Unfortunately you won't know until the pool is filled.
I'd make sure that the installer will correct this, if it does happen.
Sep 28, 2012
220 posts
108 upvotes
Mississauga
I am a pool owner, that doesn’t seem right me to.
I saw pool was drained completely, no bubble.
Always keep your last payment until your are totally satisfied
Deal Fanatic
Jan 15, 2004
7226 posts
1720 upvotes
Pool liner is held in place by water pressure. Once you have water in, any wrinkles should be gone. Why you have no water yet after the liner was in?
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2017
1309 posts
876 upvotes
London, On
Has the pool installer also used a vacuum behind the liner to suck air out? Also strikes me as weird that there is liner on the steps like that. My pool, my sister in law's pool, my wife's parent's old pool, and almost every other pool I have seen with built in steps, the liner attached to the steps around the frame of the steps on the pool wall. I would think having the liner on the steps like that is dangerous.
[OP]
Jul 22, 2015
679 posts
247 upvotes
Ontario
There was no water in the pool when I took this photo. The photo was taken after all the air had been sucked out. We added water over the weekend and it looks like the bubbling is gone now. I'm hoping it stays that way.

Thanks everyone for your feedback!