• Oct 4th, 2020 12:51 am
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
21136 posts
23347 upvotes
Toronto

Popeye's famed chicken sandwich coming to Canada. Sept 14

Last edited by sprung on Sep 10th, 2020 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Things changed now that I’m a father, I can’t live my life a quarter mile at a time anymore.
202 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2010
3351 posts
1360 upvotes
Can't wait to try out this infamous chicken sandwich.
Jan 12, 2020
493 posts
746 upvotes
"I’ll once again say Chick-fil-A and KFC should be concerned. Even if you’ve never been a fan of Popeyes chicken, I think these sandwiches could easily change that." - GrubGrade
Penalty Box
Feb 22, 2016
4363 posts
3899 upvotes
goodking wrote: "I’ll once again say Chick-fil-A and KFC should be concerned. Even if you’ve never been a fan of Popeyes chicken, I think these sandwiches could easily change that." - GrubGrade
I would disagree, given my experience at the Popeye's in Niagara Falls, NY:

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/chick-f ... #p31892916
Friendly reminder #1: The Golden Arches fast food chain is McDonald's, not MacDonald's. Thank you for your attention.
Friendly reminder #2: Price matching is NOT the law. Never was, never will be. Nobody can stop you from shopping elsewhere.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 6, 2006
5180 posts
630 upvotes
Toronto
Has anyone here had one yet? What is so special about it?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 10, 2003
7524 posts
2627 upvotes
Meh...had it in the US recently and didn't think it was anything special. I prefer CFA.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2006
2055 posts
776 upvotes
look so damn greasy.
Any man who tells you he enjoys a cold shower will lie about other things

Ronald Reagan
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2008
5729 posts
1858 upvotes
If this is equal to the Chick Fil A, then I'd say its not really a big deal. Chick Fil A makes a very good chicken sandwich considering its from a large chain, & at a relatively affordable price. But it's not worth lining up 30 mins or 1 hr for or people arguing, fighting, etc over. I think this Popeyes sandwich is probably roughly as good as the Chick Fil A if I had to guess (based on some of the reviews I've read) in which case I will let the hype die down before I bother going to get it.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
6651 posts
2903 upvotes
how much does it cost in the states?
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2018
1098 posts
1107 upvotes
it's a chicken sandwich from a fast food chain. How revolutionary can it really be?
Sep 3, 2018
280 posts
157 upvotes
Personally, I can't wait to try it. I also love the fact that Popeyes is widespread available. It is nice to have another option available for when I am in the mood for a sandwich.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2012
1055 posts
457 upvotes
TORONTO
From what I gather, these 'new' chicken sandwiches have added relish/pickle slices under the chicken. The chicken is whatever that chain has to offer. I haven't had CFA yet, nor the Popeyes one. Will probably try the popeyes one since there's a 24hr location across the street from my work.

What people haven't talked about is the A&W version, which IMO is great. But not sure if it compares to the others.
Aug 14, 2019
786 posts
373 upvotes
From what I was told. Popeyes Canada isn't the same as in the USA. The Canadian version is inferior. The A&W Chicken burger I find is delicious and I'm not fond of chicken burgers.
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2006
2597 posts
628 upvotes
sheyenne wrote: From what I was told. Popeyes Canada isn't the same as in the USA. The Canadian version is inferior. The A&W Chicken burger I find is delicious and I'm not fond of chicken burgers.
Popeyes in America is literally inedible. When I lived in the States, I was ecstatic when I moved in down the block from a Popeyes only to discover that: 1) They did not have a sandwich at the time and that 2) The chicken tastes awful and is incredibly rubbery in comparison to the Canadian version.

I've tried Popeyes in Florida, Texas and Nevada and they have all been terrible compared to your local GTA Popeyes.