Food & Drink

Popeye's famed chicken sandwich coming to Canada. Sept 14

  • Last Updated:
  • Oct 4th, 2020 12:51 am
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jan 7, 2007
20649 posts
4752 upvotes
Poormond Hill
Had one yesterday. It's overrated.
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2008
5720 posts
1848 upvotes
I am shocked people were fighting over this sandwich, its just as my friend told me (he had it in US), "its good for a big chain fast food sandwich but its nothing special"
Member
Mar 1, 2011
217 posts
60 upvotes
Im surprised to see a lot of ppl in here say they dont like it.

I loved this sandwich. It was very tasty. The portion was great also. I havent tried CFA but this is def my fav chicken sandwich. Ill def be ordering it again.
Member
Aug 6, 2018
271 posts
268 upvotes
it's a chicken sandwich what can you possibly expect out of it? it was good and way better than their old chicken sandwiches with the dry crumbly ciabatta bun.
Member
Jan 11, 2007
435 posts
69 upvotes
GTA
I went to get one yesterday. Just one person ahead of me and no one in line after me. I placed my order and 5 seconds later was handed my chicken sandwich in a bag. That caught me by surprise. I thought it was for the person that was ahead of me. Definately not freshly made. Who knows how long it was sitting around.
Member
Aug 6, 2018
271 posts
268 upvotes
kinda hard to hype something in these times. this went viral in the u.s before the whole covid thing.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jan 27, 2006
18295 posts
2150 upvotes
Woodbridge
Now I have to try it and compare this to Church's Chicken MEXICANA sandwich.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Deal Fanatic
Jun 24, 2006
8454 posts
2920 upvotes
Finally got a chance to try it yesterday. I have 2 of the spicy version.

Very good actually. Chicken was big and crispy, but still juicy inside. Bun was soft, and the mayo was very good too. Spicy for a fast food restaurant. Also, the pickles were very good, and I think this overlooked a lot. The pickles are key in a sandwich like this.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 31, 2008
11407 posts
1996 upvotes
Toronto
studentoflife wrote: Im surprised to see a lot of ppl in here say they dont like it.

I loved this sandwich. It was very tasty. The portion was great also. I havent tried CFA but this is def my fav chicken sandwich. Ill def be ordering it again.
We Canadians, particularly GTAers are just way too sophisticated. Especially RFD Food and Drink folks.
Member
Mar 1, 2011
217 posts
60 upvotes
at1212b wrote: We Canadians, particularly GTAers are just way too sophisticated. Especially RFD Food and Drink folks.
Lol u say sophisticated i say pretentious contrarians.

Anyway anyone know if this sandwich permanent menu item now?
Member
Mar 16, 2007
210 posts
75 upvotes
GTA
Tried the sandwiches with family yesterday. Liked it a lot snd imo it is better than Chickfila sandwich I tried in the US.
Penalty Box
Dec 9, 2008
1026 posts
93 upvotes
Toronto
bembol wrote: Now I have to try it and compare this to Church's Chicken MEXICANA sandwich.
i like the mexicana sandwich but the popeyes spicy chicken sandwich is easily better.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 22, 2005
10772 posts
3320 upvotes
Tried KFC and Popeyes back to back in regular (non-spicy) form on the weekend.

KFC wins here IMO - KFC spices and aioli are much tastier.

On the spicy side - I prefer the Popeyes I think.

Both awesome sandwiches though - so happy they are both available. Next I have to try the Mary's sandwich. Sadly very few stores around and none near me.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
16040 posts
3475 upvotes
Toronto
kool1 wrote: Both awesome sandwiches though - so happy they are both available. Next I have to try the Mary's sandwich. Sadly very few stores around and none near me.
As I've already mentioned earlier in this thread, Monday makes it worth the trip. $3.99 Mondays for the MB Sandwich.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Deal Guru
User avatar
Sep 1, 2005
10809 posts
5881 upvotes
Markham
slinger99 wrote: I went to get one yesterday. Just one person ahead of me and no one in line after me. I placed my order and 5 seconds later was handed my chicken sandwich in a bag. That caught me by surprise. I thought it was for the person that was ahead of me. Definately not freshly made. Who knows how long it was sitting around.
Freshly assembled or assembled not too long ago is better terminology for fast food places.

Unless someone ahead of you clears the warmer, most fast food is not fresh made (started/finished) to order because a lot of ppl do not have the patience to wait X minutes for their fast food. If you're lucky, they may have just fried up a batch before you got there and you have fresh and no/little wait.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!

Top