• Last Updated:
  • Oct 4th, 2020 12:51 am
Deal Addict
May 30, 2010
1386 posts
847 upvotes
XxXSnake23XxX wrote: Jr Chicken is better than the McChicken lol

Lets be real... It goes Popeyes, Mary Browns then maybe KFC
Was that a call for a throwdown? I haven't tried either of them, but let's take mickey d off the menu right off the start as that's a burger place chicken burger. I'd say the same for Wendy's, even though I do like their spicy chicken burger.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 23, 2007
9647 posts
832 upvotes
Mississauga
my0gr81 wrote: Was that a call for a throwdown? I haven't tried either of them, but let's take mickey d off the menu right off the start as that's a burger place chicken burger. I'd say the same for Wendy's, even though I do like their spicy chicken burger.
Wendy's can at least enter the ring... McDonald's has to watch from the parking lot
RFD 42-0-0
Ebay 31-0-0
|Dance.Flirt.Music.Chill|
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2008
5729 posts
1858 upvotes
Had KFC's new sandwich today, nothing special at all. Granted, I usually prefer bone-in chicken over chicken sandwiches, so I haven't had KFC's old chicken sandwich in many yrs. I don't think this was any better than those old KFC chicken sandwiches, 0 heat, I repeat 0 heat, even if you don't like spicy, you won't find it spicy lol. My brother & friend both told me Popeye's chicken sandwich was nothing special either.
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2005
3052 posts
702 upvotes
Vaughan
Just had the spicy chicken sandwich. Its pretty good, but not that spicy. Its quite greasy, and too much mayo on it. I prefer Mary browns spicy mary, its spicier (the right amount of spice imo), its not so greasy, and the perfect amount of mayo everytime.

I would rate fast food chicken sandwiches in this order.

1) Mary Browns
2) Chic Fil A (i've only had in the US, never here in Canada yet)
3) Popeyes

For anyone that hasn't tried Mary Browns, go try it.
For Sale

Nothing at the moment
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2014
1275 posts
413 upvotes
Toronto, ON, CA
Pretty short line up at Yonge/Charles (Bloor) location, maybe 3-4 people ahead of me.

I felt the chicken cut was nice, but the bread had this weird cinnamon-y whole-wheatish aroma.
I've had brioche before, and the texture was there - but something was off what aroma.
Maybe it was on the heat-lamp too long and kind of got burnt?

I'm going to give it a 2nd chance, but I'd give it a solid 6/10 based on what I had.
I love Popeye's otherwise, but this was quite underwhelming.
Feb 23, 2011
61 posts
73 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
No line ups today at Winston Churchill and Dundas during dinner hours. They premade a bunch of sandwiches beforehand and I thought mine would be soggy. Happily surprised that the chicken was crispy although the initial appearance coming out of the bag didn't do it justice.
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2009
1883 posts
1689 upvotes
Whitby
Biggest let down ever. I would never order this thing again. Spicy chicken from wendys or zinger from kfc. I don't see what all the fuss was about.

Greasy, over battered. Very dissappointing.
Penalty Box
Jan 26, 2017
850 posts
896 upvotes
All batter. All batter.
Seriously, every mouthful was mainly eating batter.
Biggest marketing gimmick promoting this. Trust me it’s nothing special
Aug 23, 2010
74 posts
20 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks for those who reviewed the chicken sandwich; was going to try it out today but based on the negative reviews I'll pass!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
5622 posts
2805 upvotes
Mississauga
Greasy fried food is a direct result of oil that’s not hot enough. But making the oil hotter to produce a better product breaks it down quicker, requiring more frequent changing and adding to production costs.

I can see stores trying to save money by running the fryers cooler. The chicken still gets cooked but the overall organoleptics aren’t the best.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
10780 posts
3325 upvotes
HP_John wrote: Had KFC's new sandwich today, nothing special at all. Granted, I usually prefer bone-in chicken over chicken sandwiches, so I haven't had KFC's old chicken sandwich in many yrs. I don't think this was any better than those old KFC chicken sandwiches, 0 heat, I repeat 0 heat, even if you don't like spicy, you won't find it spicy lol. My brother & friend both told me Popeye's chicken sandwich was nothing special either.
I had the regular KFC sandwich with the garlic Aioli. It was fantastic - tons of juicy meat. Loved the potato bun too.

It is nothing like the old sandwich - I have had that a dozen times.
XxXSnake23XxX wrote: Wendy's can at least enter the ring... McDonald's has to watch from the parking lot
Stunning that McDonalds has nothing.
Nov 10, 2015
23 posts
9 upvotes
Calgary
McDonalds is a joke. Forget about the taste of their chicken sandwiches, the size is pathetic, and a straight up ripoff.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2009
7001 posts
4171 upvotes
Victoria, BC
mrweather wrote: Anything's better than McChicken.
McChickens were really good back in the early 80s when they first came out. I tried one about a year ago and nearly puked it was so gross. The Junior McChickens are tastier than the regular ones now.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
5622 posts
2805 upvotes
Mississauga
My son had a McChicken a couple of years ago and he said it was nothing but a salty mess.