Expired Hot Deals

Popeyes

ONTARIO ONLY - Free 3 piece tenders with the purchase of a large drink on Maple Leafs app - Next game: May 14

• Last Updated:
  • May 15th, 2022 3:10 pm
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2009
1092 posts
74 upvotes
I just RFDed it up to satisfy the wife's fried chicken craving tonight. Stacked this leaf's promo with the $8.99 5 piece dark meat with a buffer fly shrimp combo with poutine as a side using my amex cobalt for 5x points (app wouldn't accept amex but the restaurant did). $25.95 all in

Happy wife = happy life
Images
  • 3AE015E6-3BCC-49EF-9782-DFA14C72A86C.jpeg
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2020
3567 posts
2532 upvotes
notice he still hasnt divulged the location.... lol
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2004
1134 posts
135 upvotes
Is it just me or did these get a lot saltier over the past few months? Decided to check out their popcorn shrimp, shit was awful.
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2003
1958 posts
258 upvotes
Toronto
p1mp wrote: Is it just me or did these get a lot saltier over the past few months? Decided to check out their popcorn shrimp, shit was awful.
The chicken tender was pretty salty.. guess it's a good thing it comes with a large drink? :D
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2003
3545 posts
245 upvotes
Is it available today? Don't see it on the app
Fido: $35 12GB plan
Public Mobile: $23 1GB plan
Virgin: $35 internet plan
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2015
1711 posts
1501 upvotes
Ontario
Pyro wrote: Is it available today? Don't see it on the app
C'mon man
Fido ($35/4GB for 24 months + $0/4GB for 24 months)
Oct 15, 2007
115 posts
706 upvotes
Toronto & West V…
Was told it works, i haven't tried yet. U can try and report back to everyone Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Anonymous_ wrote: people like you ruin the deal for everyone
________

You can't argue with ignorance
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2004
1134 posts
135 upvotes
hot_potato wrote: The chicken tender was pretty salty.. guess it's a good thing it comes with a large drink? :D
Lol, yeah I don't think I'm going to ever bother with the chicken strips again. And I can't imagine trying to KFC ones too, because apparently those are even saltier?

If Costco food court would have Popeyes sized strips, that'd be pretty good.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 23, 2009
5376 posts
2759 upvotes
Leafs down 3-0 only 8 minutes into the first period.

This is embarrassing.

GOLF LEAFS GOLF.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2020
3567 posts
2532 upvotes
maybe popeyes canada give them unlimited chicken tenders and the players are too bloated to play
Deal Addict
Mar 1, 2014
1120 posts
1736 upvotes
renoldman wrote: Leafs down 3-0 only 8 minutes into the first period.

This is embarrassing.

GOLF LEAFS GOLF.
They're simply trying to go 7 games so people get more tenders.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 23, 2009
5376 posts
2759 upvotes
evilYoda wrote: maybe popeyes canada give them unlimited chicken tenders and the players are too bloated to play
I am thinking the Toronto Maple Leafs owners don't pay players for performing in the playoffs and as a result they don't really care.
Deal Guru
Jun 20, 2020
12006 posts
14439 upvotes
Toronto
renoldman wrote: I am thinking the Toronto Maple Leafs owners don't pay players for performing in the playoffs and as a result they don't really care.
League rules actually prohibit NHL teams from paying their players bonuses for making the playoffs and winning the Stanley Cup. Only players on entry-level contracts and those over the age of 35 are permitted to have bonuses for playoff performances.

That said, players still receive compensation for a playoff appearance. The NHL and NHL Players’ Association (NHLPA) agree to set aside a playoff bonus pool to be distributed to each playoff team based on how far they advance. It’s referred to in Article 28 of the NHL Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) as the Player Fund.

from How Much Do Players Get Paid in the Playoffs?
Destiny is all
Deal Addict
Mar 1, 2014
1120 posts
1736 upvotes
dotsandpixels wrote: Are we getting more tendies or not?
Now they're down 5, so likely at least two more games of tenders.Rooster
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2020
3567 posts
2532 upvotes
All this doom and gloom. All we cared about was how many more days of tenders!

The millionaire players can take care of themselves!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 23, 2009
5376 posts
2759 upvotes
Dhanushan wrote: League rules actually prohibit NHL teams from paying their players bonuses for making the playoffs and winning the Stanley Cup. Only players on entry-level contracts and those over the age of 35 are permitted to have bonuses for playoff performances.

That said, players still receive compensation for a playoff appearance. The NHL and NHL Players’ Association (NHLPA) agree to set aside a playoff bonus pool to be distributed to each playoff team based on how far they advance. It’s referred to in Article 28 of the NHL Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) as the Player Fund.

from How Much Do Players Get Paid in the Playoffs?
So, during regular season top players make $10 million a year or $121,000 a game.

If the first round series goes 7 games, and each player gets $13,000 that's equivalent to $1,857.00 a game.

Basically they work for less than 2% of what they get paid in regular season.
May 24, 2013
126 posts
141 upvotes
Toronto
renoldman wrote: So, during regular season top players make $10 million a year or $121,000 a game.

If the first round series goes 7 games, and each player gets $13,000 that's equivalent to $1,857.00 a game.

Basically they work for less than 2% of what they get paid in regular season.
It's the long game... Making it and doing well helps you get a better regular season contract in the future.

Same as a normal job. You don't get paid more for better or harder work... But you can try to leverage it into a better bonus or raise (or sell the experience to a new employer).
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2006
3609 posts
2209 upvotes
Toronto
beachlover wrote: No, what you want is the leafs to win each series, but at the maximum number of games for each series. So if they win every odd numbered game, and lose every even numbered game, we're golden.
So far, it's all going to plan.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)