Expired Hot Deals

[Poppacorn] Original Flavacol Popcorn Seasoning - $3.25 - Free Pickup in Mississauga & Ottawa

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 19th, 2020 9:26 pm
[OP]
Nov 14, 2015
452 posts
272 upvotes
Unionville, ON

Original Flavacol Popcorn Seasoning - $3.25 - Free Pickup in Mississauga & Ottawa

Deal Link:
Price:
$3.25
Savings:
$6.75
Expiry:
August 21, 2020
Retailer:
Poppacorn
Poppacorn has Flavacol on sale from $10 down to $6.25, then I got an email with a code for $3 off additionally.

Pickup in Mississauga or Ottawa is free, otherwise shipping is $25

14 replies
Oct 14, 2017
797 posts
850 upvotes
This stuff is good. Will eventually kill you of you have an excessive amount of it (disclaimer: I have no evidence to support my claim).

I eat it once every couple of weeks.
Dec 9, 2001
316 posts
66 upvotes
Oakville (Greater To…
Flavacol has not additional flavourings. It does have an artificial yellow food colour. I had bought a higher end salt from the same manufacturer that used natural food colour.

Since there is no added flavour, now I just grind my own kosher salt (in a coffee grinder) and save it in a container. You can also grind regular salt. Popcorn salt is just a finer version of kitchen salt.
Mar 24, 2005
431 posts
71 upvotes
Ottawa
$5 off if you spend $10 or more and use AMEX with the "Small Business" promo applied to your card.

Looks like 4x cartons of this stuff (with POPPACORN3 promo code applied) would cost:
$3.25 * 4 = $13 less $5 for a total of $8 (or $2 each carton plus tax).

Why anyone would want 4x cartons of this stuff is beyond me, but they have other stuff for sale on the site also lol.
Or could give it away to friends and family :)

https://www.americanexpress.com/ca/en/m ... small.html
Jul 15, 2020
51 posts
68 upvotes
GTA
Thanks OP, got the email too but Amex promo makes this worth the drive to pickup, I needed some coconut oil anyways! We've been using it for popcorn and cooking lately, need some Lauric Acid to increase that Good Cholesterol lol. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Penalty Box
Apr 14, 2019
805 posts
717 upvotes
i dont have an amex!, its a waste of time for a credit card,
$tay home, $ave lives, while the government rape$ the economy on behalf of billionaire$. It’$ not the principle, it’$ the MONEY!
Jul 15, 2020
51 posts
68 upvotes
GTA
rcnrcnrcn wrote: i dont have an amex!, its a waste of time for a credit card,
I cancelled my platinum, but the 2% cash back card pays for itself over and over
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2016
1672 posts
3449 upvotes
GTA2020 wrote: Thanks OP, got the email too but Amex promo makes this worth the drive to pickup, I needed some coconut oil anyways! We've been using it for popcorn and cooking lately, need some Lauric Acid to increase that Good Cholesterol lol. Smiling Face With Open Mouth

I usually use vegetable oil, because its already there. But I think I have coconut oil as well. Does the heating process or overall result change much?
Dec 26, 2005
898 posts
312 upvotes
Ottawa
Good deal, thx OP.
I don't see the option to pick up in ottawa though, i only have the choice of Mississauga.... :(
Jul 15, 2020
51 posts
68 upvotes
GTA
Personally I find the best tasting popcorn is with coconut oil. I usually buy the one with beta carotene to give some colour. Coconut oil is almost solid in a slightly cold setting, but the heating process is the same. Besides the debate of it's healthier for you, I just find food to be less greasy and has a neutral taste. Once we tried it, never really went back unless we ran out. Cost wise they work out to be the same. If you're not picky, any vegetable oil will do the job.
Dec 14, 2006
839 posts
348 upvotes
Not that we can't go through this again, but lots of prior discussion on popcorn.
Popcorn Popcorn Popcorn
Hartia0 wrote: I usually use vegetable oil, because its already there. But I think I have coconut oil as well. Does the heating process or overall result change much?
Penalty Box
Apr 14, 2019
805 posts
717 upvotes
GTA2020 wrote: I cancelled my platinum, but the 2% cash back card pays for itself over and over
Yeah but where exactly? Double the cash back but at less than half of the retailers?
$tay home, $ave lives, while the government rape$ the economy on behalf of billionaire$. It’$ not the principle, it’$ the MONEY!
Jul 15, 2020
51 posts
68 upvotes
GTA
rcnrcnrcn wrote: Yeah but where exactly? Double the cash back but at less than half of the retailers?
All depends on how much you spend on card. I agree, lots of places don’t accept it, but usually it’s the places where there’s smaller purchases.

Most retailers where you’ll probably be spending more usually accept it.