2905 posts
1500 upvotes
Mississauga
Fill those condos!!!!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2010
9303 posts
1407 upvotes
That's obvious. All the rich, corrupt, poor, rejects all are coming. They mostly cant speak English. That's just prime :)
Jan 14, 2020
25 posts
34 upvotes
spike1128 wrote: They mostly cant speak English. That's just prime :)
It's not like our ancestors spoke perfect Míkmawísimk when they got off the boat either - so how's that a problem? A generation later and their families will all be Canadianized and indistinguishable aside from skin tone. Just sayin'..
Jun 15, 2015
230 posts
273 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
spike1128 wrote: That's obvious. All the rich, corrupt, poor, rejects all are coming. They mostly cant speak English. That's just prime :)
They'll be joining the other rich, corrupt, poor, rejects already here. Quelle surprise!
Deal Guru
Sep 14, 2003
10584 posts
476 upvotes
Mississauga
Given housing prices against salary, it is unlikely this trend is accurate given the current confines of what makes the GTA (presuming they don't start adding additional regions to the definition).

Real estate growth outstrips income growth, and new immigrants to the country are generally poorer than most current inhabitants.

Take NYC for instance - population growth has been single-digit growth per decade for the last 80 years because density and cost are not desirable. For the projections to come true, Toronto growth will have to hit ~50% over the next 25 years. That's not going to happen given current trends.
4chan melts your brain.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2010
6878 posts
1302 upvotes
Scarborough
More rental buildings needed in gta suburbs.
Like 30floor buildings, seriously
Need em all in like sauga, Brampton, markham, richmondhill pickering etc
Deal Guru
Feb 29, 2008
12646 posts
7890 upvotes
apnayloags wrote: More rental buildings needed in gta suburbs.
Like 30floor buildings, seriously
Need em all in like sauga, Brampton, markham, richmondhill pickering etc
We do, but the government policies need to be receptive to that. It's OK to say we need rental properties but we need policy that makes it worthwhile for builders to want to build rentals. On top of that, we NEED better transit. These rentals are not going to happen until the transit situation is resolved. I don't want to call it 3rd world, but it's atrocious.

Also need rental properties downtown.
Banned
Jul 8, 2017
628 posts
698 upvotes
NA
JayLove06 wrote: We do, but the government policies need to be receptive to that. It's OK to say we need rental properties but we need policy that makes it worthwhile for builders to want to build rentals. On top of that, we NEED better transit. These rentals are not going to happen until the transit situation is resolved. I don't want to call it 3rd world, but it's atrocious.

Also need rental properties downtown.
When you have a government willing to put refugees and illegal border crossers into hotel, you know we won't be far away from taxing the capital gain of your principal residence to support social housing for these new comers.
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2001
1389 posts
117 upvotes
Toronto
spike1128 wrote: That's obvious. All the rich, corrupt, poor, rejects all are coming. They mostly cant speak English. That's just prime :)
I don’t care what they speak, as long as my rents are being paid, I’m a happy man.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 22, 2011
7312 posts
7815 upvotes
Toronto
IceQue wrote: I don’t care what they speak, as long as my rents are being paid, I’m a happy man.
Their money is as good as anyones
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2010
9303 posts
1407 upvotes
Silver1234 wrote: When you have a government willing to put refugees and illegal border crossers into hotel, you know we won't be far away from taxing the capital gain of your principal residence to support social housing for these new comers.
This will happen for sure.
Deal Guru
Feb 29, 2008
12646 posts
7890 upvotes
Silver1234 wrote: When you have a government willing to put refugees and illegal border crossers into hotel, you know we won't be far away from taxing the capital gain of your principal residence to support social housing for these new comers.
I have no doubt this is going to happen.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 9, 2009
9647 posts
7257 upvotes
70% of people own their houses (and many hipster millennials who complain will also be the ones inheriting tax free properties over the next decade).. you wanna die on your death bed bringing it in go ahead...