• Sep 18th, 2022 2:58 pm
[OP]
May 27, 2007
16002 posts
4200 upvotes
Toronto

Porsche questions and answers

All things Porsche.

No SPAM/Advertising. This includes promoting a company or service in your signature or sending unsolicited messages through the Private Messaging system. This also includes posting your BST listings or items for sale in any forum outside of the Buy, Sell, and Trade.

Complete forum rules (2020): complete-forum-rules-tips-read-before-posting-2357628/
RedFlagDeals.com
See an inappropriate post? Use the "Report Post" function to alert Moderators!
1809 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2006
3957 posts
550 upvotes
Oh yeaaa....first post! Yeee hawww

I am conflicted on the Porsche Taycan 4S (MSRP 120k) vs Audi e-Tron GT (MSRP 129k). Does this mean Porsche is better value? Lol

Also I was bored and played around with the 992 S configurator...it is really hard not to tick those option boxes https://www.porsche.com/microsite/porsc ... =/PM5DTA88

Dream car that I'll never own or even drive one
Feb 29, 2012
73 posts
20 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Chances of RWD model coming to Canada? I wonder if a more base version of the E-Tron GT would release as well, it would be odd that the taycan starts cheaper than the e-tron gt
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
31729 posts
18639 upvotes
Toronto
White Comet wrote: Oh yeaaa....first post! Yeee hawww

I am conflicted on the Porsche Taycan 4S (MSRP 120k) vs Audi e-Tron GT (MSRP 129k). Does this mean Porsche is better value? Lol

Also I was bored and played around with the 992 S configurator...it is really hard not to tick those option boxes https://www.porsche.com/microsite/porsc ... =/PM5DTA88

When it comes to the Porsche nameplate, it’s customary Porsche wants people to add tons of extra options to make it their unique choosing.

From styling cues perspective, I like the Audi etron gt better. Smiling Face With Open Mouth. Now, let’s bring in the wagon version and I could drool all over it.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
31729 posts
18639 upvotes
Toronto
As for your 911S configuration, that’s one loaded car Thumbs Up Sign.

For mine, I set my budget to spend and put a stop on the build options. If one is to check all the boxes, I would imagine it can top $200,000 (before taxes and fees) and that would be the gt3 price territory.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2016
1134 posts
1143 upvotes
Toronto
White Comet wrote: Oh yeaaa....first post! Yeee hawww

I think when I looked when Alex posted the price and packages for the e-tront GT... the normal version loaded is fairly similiar to Taycan 4S similarly equipped, but the e-tron RS is quite a bit cheaper than an optioned Taycan Turbo.. although the boost mode power is greater on the Taycan version

I do like the Audi looks more, but can't help but to think the performance both on paper and in real life will be handicapped for product tiering reason than actual engineering limitations ... I def got that feeling after driving the RS6
Banned
Apr 5, 2013
5810 posts
3009 upvotes
keenland
2015 Cayenne diesel..waiting to be mine...relative gifting to me in 2022 when warranty ends..first thing is EGR/DEF delete...and chip cant wait
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
31729 posts
18639 upvotes
Toronto
cardguy wrote: 2015 Cayenne diesel..waiting to be mine...relative gifting to me in 2022 when warranty ends..first thing is EGR/DEF delete...and chip cant wait
Nice. Is the vehicle fairly loaded with options ?
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2006
3375 posts
2312 upvotes
Pothole city
I've looking for a used 911 for a while now. I have a budget of about 90K before tx. But since the C8 Corvette is out, I have one more option.
Big problem... C8 Corvette waiting list is now for the 2022 even 2023 model in Canada.

-991.1 C2S
-C8 2LT Z51
-2020 Cayman GTS 4.0
Last edited by typer100 on Feb 18th, 2021 12:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jul 20, 2016
1134 posts
1143 upvotes
Toronto
https://www.manager-magazin.de/unterneh ... 4d1db6984d

fresh rumor today of a possible Porsche brand IPO (akin to how FCA floated Ferrari public), nice reaction on VW stock on that.. makes sense, and as far as we the consumers are concerned its a good thing, more capital to develop fun cars rather than more parts bin sharing and cost cuts

and if RACE is anything to go by... not a bad investment either, or at least a hedge against p1ssing money down the drain on cars every month ;)
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2016
1134 posts
1143 upvotes
Toronto
typer100 wrote: I had my on a used 911 for a while now. I have a budget of about 90K before tx. But since the C8 Corvette is out, I have one more option.
Big poroblem, C8 Corvette waiting list is now for the 2022 even 2023 model in Canada.

-991.1 C2S
-C8 2LT Z51
-2020 Cayman GTS 4.0
C8 is tough still wow... are dealers still charging markups?

GTS 4.0 Cayman bare bone base manual is like 95k... when i looked at it a very restrained spec with PDK was just over 100k sigh
Banned
Apr 5, 2013
5810 posts
3009 upvotes
keenland
booblehead wrote: Nice. Is the vehicle fairly loaded with options ?
yes , basically everything..I drive it all the time..most comfortable vehicle I ever drive, and fun too
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2010
15502 posts
10121 upvotes
Toronto
I'm officially jelly in this thread. I cannot afford such prestige. I cannot afford even in dreamland.
DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2006
3375 posts
2312 upvotes
Pothole city
koffey wrote: I'm officially jelly in this thread. I cannot afford such prestige. I cannot afford even in dreamland.
How old are you?
Oct 6, 2010
15502 posts
10121 upvotes
Toronto
typer100 wrote: How old are you?
I'm in my 40s.
DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2017
3115 posts
5962 upvotes
Toronto/Markham
cardguy wrote: 2015 Cayenne diesel..waiting to be mine...relative gifting to me in 2022 when warranty ends..first thing is EGR/DEF delete...and chip cant wait
Might be worth waiting doing deletes as I believe you are covered under dieselgate warranty. My Audi A7 TDI was covered by Audi for up to 193k and it was transferrable to new owner when I sold it.

Also be mindful of deletes, I had a deleted/tuned X5 diesel, on road dynamics/power/fuel efficiency were amazing, but once you delete it expect to get diesel fumes in the cabin, it's especially bad in the winter. Ended up selling it over that as well. If you are going diesel ideally you keep it stock.
Realtor®
Jun 15, 2013
47 posts
55 upvotes
London
White Comet wrote: Also I was bored and played around with the 992 S configurator...it is really hard not to tick those option boxes https://www.porsche.com/microsite/porsc ... =/PM5DTA88

I also find it really tough to hold back on options when playing with the configurator - brain is like oh, whats another 2-3K when you are spending this much haha.
koffey wrote: I'm in my 40s.
So lots of time still :). My mother just completed her dream of buying her Porsche (in a financially wise position) and she is in her mid 50s.
Banned
Apr 5, 2013
5810 posts
3009 upvotes
keenland
RichmondCA wrote: Might be worth waiting doing deletes as I believe you are covered under dieselgate warranty. My Audi A7 TDI was covered by Audi for up to 193k and it was transferrable to new owner when I sold it.

Also be mindful of deletes, I had a deleted/tuned X5 diesel, on road dynamics/power/fuel efficiency were amazing, but once you delete it expect to get diesel fumes in the cabin, it's especially bad in the winter. Ended up selling it over that as well. If you are going diesel ideally you keep it stock.
thanks..I am well versed in other deletes (GM VW).....this one will take some research.

.what mod did you use on the BMW?..DPF? EGR?..efi live or a chip?.

he is giving it to me after warranty is done so that is moot, and the lifespan on the DPF filter in my experience is around 300k..
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2017
4424 posts
2929 upvotes
I want a used cayenne but people here are harping big money pits.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)