• Aug 26th, 2019 4:22 pm
[OP]
Oct 28, 2008
66 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto

Which Port is Convenient for Torontonian to Cruise from Florida

Hi,

Which is most convenient port to cruise from florida who start travel from Toronto. I mean direct flight to the port and close proximity to any port.

Thanks in advance.
3 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2015
2598 posts
1786 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
hat1811 wrote: Hi,

Which is most convenient port to cruise from florida who start travel from Toronto. I mean direct flight to the port and close proximity to any port.

Thanks in advance.
Fort Lauderdale or Miami. Both ports are five or take 15-20 minutes from the airports FLL or MIA.

Whether your cruise is out of Miami or Fort Lauderdale it also gives you the option to choose from either airport (sometimes FLL or MIA is cheaper or you can fly in out of 1 and fly home from another). There are tons of shuttle services available between either airport and port too.

If you check Transat Holidays and Sunwing Vacations they offer “cruise packages” that include airport transfers and bags. So you will have someone to meet you and put you on the bus to the port/ or back to the airport.

Most annoying port in Florida is Port Canaveral IMHO.
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2005
4855 posts
1407 upvotes
Mississauga
Out of Toronto, all cruise ports in Florida will have direct flights available. Some you might just have to drive a bit. i.e. Port Canaveral. Tampa, Miami, Fort Lauderdale all have direct flights from Toronto.

If you're cruising out of Palm Beach (Celebration Cruise /barf), you can get there from Fort Lauderdale instead of PBI.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
17103 posts
14499 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
GateGuardian wrote: Out of Toronto, all cruise ports in Florida will have direct flights available. Some you might just have to drive a bit. i.e. Port Canaveral. Tampa, Miami, Fort Lauderdale all have direct flights from Toronto.

If you're cruising out of Palm Beach (Celebration Cruise /barf), you can get there from Fort Lauderdale instead of PBI.
This

I don’t feel any of the Florida Cruise Ports are difficult / a hardship to reach, as all have nearby airports

Jacksonville - Tampa - Cape Canaveral (Orlando) - Miami or Fort Lauderdale

In several instances, you may not even want to fly into the closest airport, but opt for one nearby that has better flight connections, or ticket prices from Toronto (or Buffalo, etc)

That’s what’s cool about Florida ... the State with the most Cruise Ports in the USA ... and lots of Airports

Inventory wise though ... the most cruises go out of Miami or Ft L (Port Everglades). And just cuz of the craziness of the Miami Airport ... many folks opt to fly in and out of Ft L Airport

No matter where you Cruise from, or fly into ... you should take the advice to heart on not flying on cruise days ... fly in the day before, and out the day after. This makes the entire experience less stressful... incase of weather ... and the mad rush of getting on or off the ship from / to airport. We appreciate that extra day at the end of our vacation, perhaps even more than the one at the beginning ... cuz it ends the holiday on a less stressed note, and gives one the rest of the day to relax after having gotten up so early on Debarkation Day (most cruisers being up that day at 5 or 6 AM for the early morning docking... and worrying about getting to those flights home ... last day is definitely A ZOO )

PS ... first time cruiser ?
You might want to look at Celebrity
For the last few years they’ve offered AI Charter Pkgs from various Cdn Cities
That include Airfare, Transfers, Cruise, Drink Pkgs, and other perks
Typically they start advertising these Winter Charters in the Fall (October-ish) in Cdn Newpapers, and on their website
Definitely good value for all you get