• Last Updated:
  • Aug 27th, 2019 4:05 pm
[OP]
Jun 4, 2013
887 posts
292 upvotes
Vancouver

Portable Oil-Filled Radiator

Just wondering does Portable Oil-Filled Radiator actually is better than using baseboard heater in terms of saving? Here is the story I live in a 2 bedroom apartment that have baseboard heater in each room and in the living. The bedroom are fine but the baseboard for the living room is right under my desk so the heat is always trap under my desk. I could feel my feet literally burning when sitting at my desk while the rest of the living room is somewhat cold. I also find the baseboard in the bedroom takes a while to heat up the rooms(guess that's the nature of baseboard). So instead of using them I opt for Portable Space Heater https://www.amazon.ca/Personal-Oscillat ... ay&sr=8-12 and it good enough.

I usually like to keep the temperature low (IE not turning on the heat at all) I only got the Space Heater is because my wife move in around March and she is kinda of cold so I just got them. Now winter is coming and I am debating of getting Portable Oil-Filled Radiator or turning on the baseboard in the living room. BTW I live in Vancouver if that helps. Wife likes the temp higher at home while I tend to lower the temp (due to heating cost).
1 reply
Sep 29, 2011
162 posts
121 upvotes
Quebec
All electric space heater have the same efficiency.

Some takes longer to warmup (oil-filled), are more silent, or have nicer features, etc...
However placement of your heat source is important and having it under your desk is non ideal, so having another heat source is not a bad idea.
Go with what is best for your needs!