Cell Phones

Ported out from Koodo 2 weeks ago with 6 months and $120 left on my Tab and final bill was only a prorated $25 charge

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 29th, 2022 6:54 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2012
1800 posts
1175 upvotes
Waterloo, ON

Ported out from Koodo 2 weeks ago with 6 months and $120 left on my Tab and final bill was only a prorated $25 charge

When I ported out the email said that my next bill would include prorated charge and my Tab balance as seen below. I received the bill and it was only the prorated charge. I don't see anywhere in selfserve referencing my tab.

My wife also ported out at the same time and her bill included the tab for a total of about $180.

Am I in the clear here or should I reach out to them? I don't this to end up going to collections or something.

--------------------
What to expect on your next bill:

Prorated recurring monthly charges: recurring charges such as your monthly plan and tab charge will be prorated to reflect only the portion of the month in which your wireless service was still active.
Tab debit: you’ll see this charge only if you have a remaining Tab balance
Additional usage charges: any extra calls, texts and data charges not included with your monthly plan.
Roaming: if you’ve recently used your phone outside of Canada, roaming charges may not immediately show up on your bill. You may receive an additional bill if this happens.What to expect on your next bill:

Prorated recurring monthly charges: recurring charges such as your monthly plan and tab charge will be prorated to reflect only the portion of the month in which your wireless service was still active.
Tab debit: you’ll see this charge only if you have a remaining Tab balance
Additional usage charges: any extra calls, texts and data charges not included with your monthly plan.
Roaming: if you’ve recently used your phone outside of Canada, roaming charges may not immediately show up on your bill. You may receive an additional bill if this happens.
2 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2008
7019 posts
3019 upvotes
Similar situation happened to my friend but apparently they tried to bill him for the final tab amount a few months later (don't know why it took so long). Because he was signed up for online billing, he didn't know (he did check in online about 6 weeks after cancelling but that final tab amount was nowhere to be seen even 6 weeks after cancelling). I would not assume anything & try to check in once a month if possible. It would really be bad to take a credit hit especially as the amount is so meagre

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)