Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Porter Airlines

Up to 50% off base fares

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 20th, 2015 6:05 pm
Tags:
Apr 1, 2015
187 posts
48 upvotes
Thornhill, ON

[Porter Airlines] Up to 50% off base fares

Might be some deals to be had.

One way flights from: YTZ ./ Halifac YHZ / Moncton YQM / Mont Tremblant YTM / Montreal YUL / Ottawa YOW / Quebec City YQB / Sault Ste. Marie YAM / St. John's YYT / Stephenville YJT / Sudbury YSB / Thunder Bay YQT / Timmins YTS / Windosw YQG

Example flights from Toronto:

Terms & Conditions:
New bookings only. Book by 11:59 pm Eastern Time May 13, 2015. Travel by September 17, 2015. Up to 21 day advance purchase required. Discount does not apply to Atlantic Canada. Atlantic Canada is up to 40% off base fares. Advertised fares may not be available for the entire travel period. . Discount applies only to the regular base fare and does not apply to fees, taxes or surcharges. Discount is not applicable on itineraries that include a partner airline flight. Fares are subject to availability and may not be available through the entire travel period. Full fare breakdown available for all itineraries on flyporter.com. Fares include all applicable government-imposed taxes and mandatory fees, which may amount to as much as $150 one-way per passenger, depending on routing. Foreign taxes will fluctuate based on the prevailing exchange rate. Fees for optional services, such as itinerary changes, additional baggage, advance seat selection, or certain special service requests, may increase overall cost. Fares are non-refundable but itineraries may be changed for a fee of up to $200 per person per direction, plus any fare differential. Other significant conditions (including a $35 first-checked bag and $45 second-checked bag fee, and charges for overweight and/or excess baggage) may change without notice and are not guaranteed until ticketed. Visit flyporter.com for more information. In case of any discrepancy between advertised fares and the fares shown on the website at the time of booking, the latter shall prevail. Porter Airlines reserves the right to modify or change these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice.
24 replies
Deal Addict
May 13, 2005
3930 posts
2262 upvotes
Ummm.... This is Porter, not Westjet. :)
Jan 27, 2008
513 posts
211 upvotes
GTA
^^ plus, I personally don't think Porter sales are real.
Apr 1, 2015
187 posts
48 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
ChopSuey wrote: Ummm.... This is Porter, not Westjet. :)
WOW. I can't believe I did that. Thanks... It's been a long Monday.
Nov 24, 2011
722 posts
412 upvotes
Ottawa
josb0513 wrote: ^^ plus, I personally don't think Porter sales are real.
They're not, inflate the prices then "discount" them.
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2005
2521 posts
1658 upvotes
Ottawa
I would classify this as their regular sale price. Ottawa-Toronto is $109 but it has been below $100 in the past.
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2011
3586 posts
1993 upvotes
Whitehorse
josb0513 wrote: ^^ plus, I personally don't think Porter sales are real.
Usually, it depends on the route.
Oct 8, 2013
389 posts
398 upvotes
Dartmouth
Porters sales are never a real deal. Their rates are normally good but the sales are garbage. Halifax to Toronto return would be $390 for this. By that logic "regular" price is $780. Does Westjet still do blue tag days? Those were always winners.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2005
2107 posts
411 upvotes
Planning a trip to the East coast, and was monitoring prices for the last month or so. Porter's sale is cheaper than Air Canada & Westjet by $100 roundtrip for my dates, so I bought my tickets through this sale
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2014
3877 posts
1975 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Ottawa>New York for $209 is a joke if that's what they call a sale.
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2013
1768 posts
2593 upvotes
50% off is regular price for porter.

I dont like the planes but the service is pretty good. TO island airport is very convenient.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 15, 2005
8018 posts
1780 upvotes
Toronto
RaphaelG041 wrote: 50% off is regular price for porter.

I dont like the planes but the service is pretty good. TO island airport is very convenient.
I agree, the check in's and customs were so quick and efficient, it almost seems the 5 minute boat ride took longer than the entire process :)

I would wait out for their >50% sales, waiting for a $200 two way flight to nyc
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2008
4278 posts
3753 upvotes
eh cool, they launched the new site. How you guys liking it?
I helped with the design :lol:
Aug 11, 2009
915 posts
229 upvotes
Brampton
I m new to this porter airlines and the toronto island airport sounds like a hassle if there is a boat ride. How much does the boat ride cost? I am planning to go toronto to halifax next week so i would like to know how the process works if its different than going throught pearson airport and taking air canada flight to halifax. Thankd in advance.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2008
1163 posts
1220 upvotes
Montreal
Raj.R wrote: I m new to this porter airlines and the toronto island airport sounds like a hassle if there is a boat ride. How much does the boat ride cost? I am planning to go toronto to halifax next week so i would like to know how the process works if its different than going throught pearson airport and taking air canada flight to halifax. Thankd in advance.
the ride is just 90 seconds, the boat is actually a ferry; no charge for pedestrians https://www.portstoronto.com/Airport/Ge ... edule.aspx

add 0-15 minutes of waiting time (depending where the ferry is when your plan lands). Lots of cabs outside. They also have a shuttle that drops you at/picks you from York/Front St W - free of charge https://www.portstoronto.com/Airport/Ge ... uttle.aspx

all in one it's a VERY convenient location if you have business downtown (or if you depart from downtown)

airport used to be handled by Porter only, now they share it with Air Canada. There's a very nice lounge/waiting area with free refreshments (which you don't see at many airports), free wifi and computer access
Banned
Nov 1, 2014
4317 posts
562 upvotes
Toronto, ON
trixR4kids wrote: I agree, the check in's and customs were so quick and efficient, it almost seems the 5 minute boat ride took longer than the entire process :)

I would wait out for their >50% sales, waiting for a $200 two way flight to nyc
Too bad no preclearance at island airport

Also, Pearson is so fast now for immigration and customs due to the auto kiosks
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2009
4329 posts
1344 upvotes
Moncton
LandKing wrote: Too bad no preclearance at island airport

Also, Pearson is so fast now for immigration and customs due to the auto kiosks
The US has kiosks in Chicago. Spent about 3 minutes in immigration last time I was there. 10 minutes in the customs line, however.
Toronto is a very small part of Canada

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)