Porting Out from Rogers - Last Day of Billing for Services

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 11th, 2017 12:36 am
Deal Fanatic
Apr 1, 2001
6830 posts
1257 upvotes

Porting Out from Rogers - Last Day of Billing for Services

Previously with Rogers Wireless on a month to month basis (no contract, no balance owing on my phone). Billing cycle is 1st of every month (Oct 1-31, Nov 1-31, etc).

Recently ported my number out to another cell phone provider on Oct. 15. As a result of this port-out, my Rogers services should have stopped on Oct 15 (as promised by my new provider).

I read Rogers' terms & conditions. It seems to state that I should only be charged up until the date of cancellation of Rogers services (Oct 15).

However, I just received my "final bill" and I was charged for the full month of services for the billing cycle (up to Oct 31).

Did Rogers screw up here?

I will call Rogers tomorrow when they are open, but wanted to see if I'm misinterpreting something here.
5 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2010
1562 posts
1010 upvotes
Lac St-Jean
Its also possible that the next invoice will include a credit. I know its annoying... Wait for the next invoice before paying.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 14, 2003
6675 posts
5466 upvotes
LaLaLand
They generally make you fight to get your money back. Hopefully they are cooperative.

If not, complain to CCTS and they will resolve it.
Nov 10, 2011
434 posts
84 upvotes
Burnaby
I was told if I ever port out to port out prior to your new cycle. My last day to use my phone before everything goes to zero is the 5th of the month. So they said port out on the 1st.
Mar 14, 2013
809 posts
948 upvotes
Toronto
All the pro-rated charges are done automatically. You should wait until you receive your final bill. It's possible that your bill was already generated for next month still.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 1, 2001
6830 posts
1257 upvotes
batcave wrote: They generally make you fight to get your money back. Hopefully they are cooperative.

If not, complain to CCTS and they will resolve it.

Thankfully they were cooperative and refunded my extra days billed without hassle.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)