None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2006
1396 posts
311 upvotes
GTA

Positive and amusing first experience selling old appliances on the web

Just thought to share. I usually just put out my old home appliances to the curb whenever I get new ones, and discover they've been scooped up soon thereafter. This time though, I decided to use a popular selling website (who probably can't be named under RFD Ts & Cs) and it was awesome. Obviously, I deeply discounted them given their age and the fact that I wanted to sell them quick, and was super-pleased that interest was through the roof, allowing me to sell them both under 24 hours.

Had all sorts of interesting buyers though, and my favourite had to be a likely RFD-type who said he was interested and wanted to know how many days of warranty I would offer on my freezer. I had luckily sold the freezer by then. Had I not though, I think I might have responded with an offer of 0.00001 day.

Still overall very happy with the experience though.
5 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
29374 posts
14877 upvotes
Hmm. I'm sitting on a dishwasher I should get rid of. Maybe I might be able to get a few bucks out of it.
Jul 17, 2015
5 posts
Outremont, QC
Well that's good for you. I remembered the first item I sold on a popular site as well some 4 years ago. It was my old laptop. Posted it online after weeks of trying to find a buyer in my neighborhood, relatives and even in the office (I was still working in the office back then) with no luck. 3 hours after I posted it, I received an inquiry and the next couple of hours I was packing it to be shipped in another city.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2001
2494 posts
384 upvotes
Ajax
OliveJoyce wrote: Well that's good for you. I remembered the first item I sold on a popular site as well some 4 years ago. It was my old laptop. Posted it online after weeks of trying to find a buyer in my neighborhood, relatives and even in the office (I was still working in the office back then) with no luck. 3 hours after I posted it, I received an inquiry and the next couple of hours I was packing it to be shipped in another city.
One day my neighbour put out his stainless steel style stove for free. Easiest $80 I've ever made.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 26, 2008
6869 posts
2666 upvotes
BC
Just goes to show that some people are in the know - appliances made 20 years ago are better than those churned out today. Ask any appliance repair guy.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2001
2494 posts
384 upvotes
Ajax
macnut wrote: Just goes to show that some people are in the know - appliances made 20 years ago are better than those churned out today. Ask any appliance repair guy.
Yup. Always see new front loading washers on Kijiji with failed control boards and what not.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)