• Aug 26th, 2018 8:33 am
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
20816 posts
22528 upvotes
Toronto

Positive experience with Rogers for business

My work phone , an LG G5 , had a couple of issues. Bad burn-in on the top third of the screen. Not an uncommon issue with this model.

Worse still , it would not connect to mobile data after leaving a WiFi network. Only solution for that was to reboot each time. Just to be sure I tested my SIM on another model phone and it worked fine.

Called up Rogers on Tuesday and explained my situation. Had refurbished replacement LG G5 couriered to me on Thursday. Looks good as new plus no burn-in + mobile data switching works great. Very impressed with their response and customer service on this one.

Original phone warranty until October 2018 so wanted to get this handled before then.
Things changed now that I’m a father, I can’t live my life a quarter mile at a time anymore.
1 reply
Deal Fanatic
Sep 23, 2013
5047 posts
633 upvotes
NORTH YORK
sprung wrote: My work phone , an LG G5 , had a couple of issues. Bad burn-in on the top third of the screen. Not an uncommon issue with this model.

Worse still , it would not connect to mobile data after leaving a WiFi network. Only solution for that was to reboot each time. Just to be sure I tested my SIM on another model phone and it worked fine.

Called up Rogers on Tuesday and explained my situation. Had refurbished replacement LG G5 couriered to me on Thursday. Looks good as new plus no burn-in + mobile data switching works great. Very impressed with their response and customer service on this one.

Original phone warranty until October 2018 so wanted to get this handled before then.
Nothing new. Higher mark up (profit margin) does allow more leeway of clients.
For no frill type carriers (aka low rate) , the options are little. It is our choice
Daniel

Fido $0 3Gb LTE + overage plan until Feb 2019