Travel

Is it possible to call a non-airport taxi cab at Pearson International Airport?

• Last Updated:
  • May 2nd, 2015 3:52 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
55333 posts
20187 upvotes

Is it possible to call a non-airport taxi cab at Pearson International Airport?

I still have a taxi chit lying around and was told I can use it for personal travel.

It's for Beck Taxi though and so I'm not so sure if a taxi driver can be dispatched to the airport to come pick me up or I will have to use one of the airport's taxi or limousine:
http://www.torontopearson.com/en/toandfrom/taxilimo/#

Anyone in a similar situation before? Thank you in advance.
11 replies
Dec 19, 2011
558 posts
306 upvotes
You can have whoever you want pick you up at the airport. The rules state that only certain companies can solicit fares while at the airport.

So if you arrive at an airport and call your preferred transportation provider, or your spouse/buddy/uber, they can come pick you up. But "Jonny's Part-Time Taxi Service" is not allowed to sit in from of the terminal and pick up random travellers, afaik.
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2002
1837 posts
202 upvotes
Toronto
Don't see why they couldn't meet you in the parkade or something. Just not in the regular taxi queue.

I know at Montreal airport, Uber is not authorized. Can't even request one.
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2002
1837 posts
202 upvotes
Toronto
Worst case scenario, if you really care, can just hop in the queue, grab a cab, and get out at the closest possible location outside the airport and have the Beck's meet you there.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
55333 posts
20187 upvotes
Thanks guys. This is one of the perks of an exit interview, they give you a taxi chit that you can use at a later time. :)
Jan 1, 2011
650 posts
184 upvotes
Kitchener
chowder wrote: Worst case scenario, if you really care, can just hop in the queue, grab a cab, and get out at the closest possible location outside the airport and have the Beck's meet you there.
Is this a good idea? I was under the impression that some companies charge a flat rate for anyone departing from the airport, no matter where they're going. That's how I recall the price of the ride I took from Pearson some years back, although perhaps things have changed recently.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
55333 posts
20187 upvotes
bmedicky wrote: Is this a good idea? I was under the impression that some companies charge a flat rate, or pretty close to it, for anyone departing from the airport.

If that's really the case, you should just stay in the cab.
It's because my taxi chit is sponsored by my previous co.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
19265 posts
7689 upvotes
Toronto
You can't request UBER at Pearson, I've tried....I'd take a free shuttle to one of the parking lots (Park N Fly?) and have the cab company meet you there if you can't call them to the airport
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2002
9787 posts
2854 upvotes
Vancouver
Yes you can call whatever taxi you want. They'll send the driver. Terminal 1 go to door b3 or terminal 3 post 29 look for "pre arranged transport signs"

There is a $15 Inc hst for a sedan/van/suv in addition to fare.

Or if youre cheeky one could order at taxi to the alt hotel at 6080 viscount rd... which is the airport link trains final stop
Autocorrect sucks
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2007
1397 posts
179 upvotes
Western Montreal
we always use aerofleet whose rates are comparable to a taxi for a town car.. never wait more than 2-3 minutes.\\They will pick you up as previous poster mentionned at: Terminal 1 go to door b3 or terminal 3 post 29 look for "pre arranged transport signs"
Deal Expert
Jun 12, 2007
17710 posts
5754 upvotes
London
I guess you could always go upstairs to departures and flag down a beck cab that just dropped off.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2002
9787 posts
2854 upvotes
Vancouver
l69norm wrote: I guess you could always go upstairs to departures and flag down a beck cab that just dropped off.
Against the rules and most cabbies won't do it. Some might as I've seen people hustling for taxi fares in the arrivals section. The guy asked me, and I said sure "just show me and that security officer (just pointed somewhere) your GTAA permit. The look on his face as he shuffled off was priceless.
Autocorrect sucks