Shopping Discussion

Is it possible to get a Nintendo switch with Air Miles - Cash Miles?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 27th, 2019 12:16 pm
[OP]
Jun 21, 2009
520 posts
81 upvotes

Is it possible to get a Nintendo switch with Air Miles - Cash Miles?

Been collecting cash miles for eight years now and haven't redeemed once so the process is not familiar to me. But as I'm going through the listed retailers who offers eVouchers, I can't seem to find any of them really offering even electronics, minus the nintendo switch I'm looking for.

I'm hoping to get pickup a surprise bday present with my air miles. Can anyone offer me any advice? I guess worst case I would have to buy it in cash
5 replies
Mar 17, 2005
502 posts
200 upvotes
It depends on if Rexall, Jean Coutu or Hudson's Bay carries the product, based on the AM Reward Partners list. You can spend AM cash directly in Rexall and JC and you need redeem for eVoucher for Bay.
[OP]
Jun 21, 2009
520 posts
81 upvotes
shimh wrote: It depends on if Rexall, Jean Coutu or Hudson's Bay carries the product, based on the AM Reward Partners list. You can spend AM cash directly in Rexall and JC and you need redeem for eVoucher for Bay.
Thank you for responding shimh. Hudson Bay does not carry it and I just emailed Rexall, they confirmed they do not either.

I'll look up Jean Coutu next (not familiar with the store).
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2015
2091 posts
2143 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
They do have it, you can redeem it with your miles, but I must say it is A LOT. 9600 air miles for the pokemon bundle, which is equivalent to about 960$ if your a gold member you get 10% off so it would be
8640 miles, and if you're an onyx member it's 20% off so around 7680 miles, equivalent to about 760$.

https://rewards.airmiles.ca/merchandise ... emon/79588

How much points have you accumulated? If you don't have enough you can probably make up the difference by buying some points and try to see if it helps!
😎Thanks RFD😎
Deal Guru
Jan 9, 2011
11455 posts
14202 upvotes
Vancouver
Just redeem your cash miles for groceries, and buy the Nintendo with the money you would otherwise have spent on the groceries. Works out the same as redeeming directly for it. Actually, it works out MUCH better to do it that way if 9,600 Air Miles is needed for a direct redemption on a Nintendo Switch. OUCH!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
6395 posts
2574 upvotes
Ottawa
If anyone has 3750+ AM Reward Miles available that they'd rather get cash for, PM me. I'm not paying a fortune but I'd pay $275 if you purchase a 3750 AMs item for me.