Possible issues with cell phone network

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 3rd, 2020 5:09 pm
[OP]
Mar 31, 2020
31 posts
5 upvotes

Possible issues with cell phone network

Over several months, I have several people calling me saying that they got a call from me. I definitely did not call them. What I noticed is that every single one of those callers had the same first 6 digits as my number, say 648 552 xxxx.

I am on freedom mobile. Anyone else has encountered this issue?

I would not bother calling Freedom because their customer service is terrible. They messed up Black Friday deal due to system glitch and I missed out on an excellent iPhone deal.
4 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2005
4664 posts
2013 upvotes
GTA
This is due to scammers using robo-callers to call people and they're spoofing your number. So when people are receiving these calls, they see your number in their CallerID.

Unfortunately, there's nothing you can do about this.
Penalty Box
Jun 24, 2015
4704 posts
1386 upvotes
0 downvotes
your NOT calling them, some scammer is calling them but disguising the number as yours, nothing you can do, what ^ dave98 ^ said!
Hi
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
21665 posts
2930 upvotes
Toronto
I have been getting spam calls with my area code & first 3 digits spoofed.......more & more frequently now too....(2x - 3x a day)

I just ignore them since rarely anyone calls me nowadays
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2011
1767 posts
552 upvotes
Edmonton
Always ignore the calls with same first 6 digits. In real cases, there are almost no cases of someone having the same first 6 digits. If it’s something important they’ll leave a voicemail.

Also, like others said, it is number spoofing. It’s too bad when someone asks you why you’ve called them, but just explain that you didn’t call them.