Shopping Discussion

Is It Possible to Just Buy A Cell Phone From Rogers?

  • Last Updated:
  • Feb 20th, 2015 5:59 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Newbie
Jul 8, 2013
87 posts
30 upvotes
Ottawa

Is It Possible to Just Buy A Cell Phone From Rogers?

I noticed that Rogers has the Moto G LTE for 225. Does anyone know if there is a way to buy it from them without signing up for a contract? I suppose it would need to be unlocked? Or if you can find somewhere else that sells this phone for a similar price that would be very helpful as well. Thx.
17 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 18, 2002
3327 posts
564 upvotes
Brampton
It is possible but not guaranteed. Some store staff have refused to sell a phone outright.
Member
Oct 2, 2014
212 posts
35 upvotes
New Westminster
GoldCoast1 wrote: I noticed that Rogers has the Moto G LTE for 225. Does anyone know if there is a way to buy it from them without signing up for a contract? I suppose it would need to be unlocked? Or if you can find somewhere else that sells this phone for a similar price that would be very helpful as well. Thx.
You can get it from Fido for $225 with no contract.

$225 With a monthly plan only (no Fido agreement) or $225 With Prepaid service. Cancel after buying the phone.

http://www.fido.ca/web/page/portal/Fido ... OTOGLTEBLK
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2012
5704 posts
861 upvotes
Ottawa
I'm imaginging a guy wearing a mask and carrying a gun walking into a cellphone store, grabbing a phone, leaving cash equal to the MSRP on the counter and running off.

Employee (on phone): "Hello, police? We got robbed, sort of."
[OP]
Newbie
Jul 8, 2013
87 posts
30 upvotes
Ottawa
ConsoleWatcher wrote: I'm imaginging a guy wearing a mask and carrying a gun walking into a cellphone store, grabbing a phone, leaving cash equal to the MSRP on the counter and running off.

Employee (on phone): "Hello, police? We got robbed, sort of."
Ha ha ya or a guy who wants just the phone pleading 'take my money, please just take it!'.
[OP]
Newbie
Jul 8, 2013
87 posts
30 upvotes
Ottawa
Actually that reminds me that my father just got ordered to shut down the Scotiabank account that he's had for about 40 years because he went in and told the cashier 'I'm here to rob you, no actually I'm just here to steal your hearts.'
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2014
5566 posts
3485 upvotes
GoldCoast1 wrote: That's the 1st Gen with no LTE or sim card.!
How does it work without a SIM card?
Sr. Member
Jul 23, 2009
897 posts
398 upvotes
Toronto
inkjoy wrote: You can get it from Fido for $225 with no contract.

$225 With a monthly plan only (no Fido agreement) or $225 With Prepaid service. Cancel after buying the phone.

http://www.fido.ca/web/page/portal/Fido ... OTOGLTEBLK
I think a Nexus 4 is a better deal for $225. It comes with a quad core processor too and 16 gigs of internal storage (I always take internal over microSD card) and the phone has LTE if you know how to flash
[OP]
Newbie
Jul 8, 2013
87 posts
30 upvotes
Ottawa
Probably a noob question but if I buy a phone from Rogers or Fido are the sim cards included or do I have to add it to my order?

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)