Shopping Discussion

Is it possible to make kijiji ban someone from making new accounts?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 2nd, 2019 10:50 am
[OP]
Banned
Jul 31, 2019
0 posts

Is it possible to make kijiji ban someone from making new accounts?

I noticed that someone has been making numerous accounts using the same name and slightly edited profile pictures. I have a strong feeling that this guy is making new accounts instead of using old ones because he has gotten restrictions or warnings on old accounts and he's making new accounts to evade those warnings or restrictions, or he is using multiple accounts to bypass the free advertisement limit

Now granted he seems to have abandoned two of his accounts but why make new ones instead of reusing the old ones? And why make them have the same name and basically the same profile pic?
1 reply
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2014
2890 posts
2261 upvotes
Vancouver(ish)
SwitchJoycon wrote: I noticed that someone has been making numerous accounts using the same name and slightly edited profile pictures.
Stalking much? :)

It's not possible to make kijiji ban someone, because they're a big company and you're not the boss of them. However if you believe there's something scammy going on, you can certainly let them know. Look for the contact us link on their site.
Proud RFD member since January 31, 2007. Feel free to add 3,034 to my post count.