Shopping Discussion

is it possible to use Bestbuy Gift Cards @ Futureshop?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 2nd, 2009 3:54 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2008
4052 posts
823 upvotes
West Side GTA

is it possible to use Bestbuy Gift Cards @ Futureshop?

Just out of curiosity as it's the same main company.

Wondering if you could do it vice versa.
7 replies
Jun 20, 2009
29 posts
2 upvotes
Georgetown
Actually I would be interested to know as well as I inevitably end up with a random assortment of cards after Christmas.
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
18316 posts
6360 upvotes
Toronto
This question has been posted several times. Search the forums. Futureshop is owned by Bestbuy, but both companies are distinct and do not accept eachothers gift cards.
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2004
3757 posts
1041 upvotes
The answer to the question is Store Policy: No, in Practice: Yes, the cards will work fine, but the difficulty is finding a representative that's willing to process it for you, as store policy is BB cards are for BB, FS cards are for FS.
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2007
3036 posts
212 upvotes
Surrey
-=phelan=- wrote: Just out of curiosity as it's the same main company.
Just out of curiosity, I was wondering if it's possible for people to use the search button....
Alan lost his fight against cancer at just 5 years, 2 months old. I'm riding to Conquer Cancer, in memory of Alan.
Please donate toward my fundraising efforts and support research into childhood cancers.
Simply scan my avatar to go straight to the donation page!
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2007
1100 posts
30 upvotes
CorSter wrote: The answer to the question is Store Policy: No, in Practice: Yes, the cards will work fine, but the difficulty is finding a representative that's willing to process it for you, as store policy is BB cards are for BB, FS cards are for FS.
Have you personally actually used a BB GC @ FS or is it just hearsay ?

I think if you enter the BB GC on the FS GC check your balance site ( below ) you can get your BB GC balance

https://www-ssl.futureshop.ca/popup/gif ... t_cookie=1

or vice versa ..you can check FS GC balance on BB GC balance site .

https://www-ssl.bestbuy.ca/popup/giftca ... &langid=EN
Jan 12, 2005
533 posts
98 upvotes
Calgary
a couple years ago i used a FS gc at a BB store. i did this twice; first time they accepted it, second time they said "sorry manager told us not to accept it".
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2006
3356 posts
68 upvotes
carmaster wrote: this question has been posted several times. Search the forums. Futureshop is owned by bestbuy, but both companies are distinct and do not accept eachothers gift cards.
+1

You can only get away with that on OnLINE purchases