Black Friday & Cyber Monday Discussion 2020

Post all of your "steals" so far this month.

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 17th, 2020 10:53 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Apr 5, 2017
714 posts
483 upvotes
Edmonton, AB

Post all of your "steals" so far this month.

Or just favourites / highlights so far. It's deal hunting season. Feel free to critique each others purchases in a constructive or helpful way - for instance, if there is an even better deal. Have to be patient and creative at navigating stores and deals this year.

I found a lot of deals on things that either I will get plenty of use out of, or that will make great gifts.

Home Depot:

$9.99 handheld UV light Sanitizer
$374.99 46" 9 drawer Husky wheeled tool cabinet with sturdy finished wooden top
$399.00 Milwaukee 5pc pwr tool set with two batteries, charger, equipment bag
$79.99 Toshiba microwave
$129.99 ($250 regular) Hoover Impulse stick vacuum
$3.74 HDX snowbrushes
$64.99 winter reflective gear jackets that you'd normally have to spend $300 for on brands like Carhartt
$15.99 two pack of collapsible snow shovels
$11.99 3 pack of LED light pucks
$24.99 3 pack of fancy looking stainless furnace vents
$19.99 two tier lazy susan
$29.99 3-bin garbage/recycle organizer that slides out. Perfect for under my sink.
LED lighting and wireless charging home upgrades
Smart plugs

LOWES - only thing so far are the Xtricity smart wifi usb power surge bars for $19.99 each. Killer deal. No way you can find those for that cheap ever again. I bought 4 of them. There's an indoor security camera for $49.99 that looks tempting that I could point out my kitchen window in to the back yard / alley. $49.99 for some Fire stick Lite thing but Amazon will have much better deals for those.

Visions - quality new for 2020 two way long range car starter, two solid remotes, install and warranty included. Option to activate and use phone app integration in future. $600
^also bought a Kehr $17.99 light-up 1.7L glass kettle. Waiting to do more homework on their TV deals. Prices just aren't their yet.

Canadian Tire
$12.99 per 5L jug of Motomaster conventional 5w30 - solid deal, great for the beaters. Then I just get oil filters for $4 each (after shipping and tax) at Rockauto.
$129.99 229pc Stanley socket set 1/4" 3/4" 1/2"
$49.99 crazy 22oz framing hammer with supposed best shock absorbing in the industry - can't wait to try it out on the job.
$79.99 1/2" 48pc impact accessory/socket set
$9.99 BlueHive wireless charger pads
$12.99 mens leather belts
$24.99 heated seat memory foam pads for car or wherever
$34.99 3M filtrete 20x25x4 furnace filters - I can't find anything cheaper for this sizing, might see a 29.99 deal in the next while for a cheap filter, but may as well get the better ones for another $5. Hoping to find the cheap brand ones for $20 each, then I would buy a dozen and change more often.
$13.99 two slice toaster
$29.99 MasterChef 4 slice toaster oven

More to come. Just waiting on the final Visions deals. And Walmart deals starting Nov 19. Possibly Superstore. And whatever else I can uncover with help from RFD. This is the only time of year I spend a lot shopping. I found last year, that Black Friday deals were definitely better than the Boxing Day deals. I remember barely buying anything the week of Boxing Day because I saw the deals were not as good as the Black Friday ones.